GoPro mounting advice

Thread: GoPro mounting advice

GoPro mounting advice

A few weeks ago a cager cut me off, and I ended up laying the bike down to avoid him. I ended up with $3000 damage to the bike and a broken leg. Unfortunately, nobody got the a-hole's plates, and he drove off.
    So, I've decided to get some louder pipes and invest in a GoPro Hero 5. Where do you all think would be the best place to mount it to 1. Make sure I get the plates if this happens again 2. Also get some decent video of my rides?

When you get the chance take a peak at this:

http://www.innovv.com/the-k

I have it and it is well worth the money, both front and back cameras with loop recording.
    The pipes won't help you with the people in front of you who will change lanes w/o signalling because that sound is being sent in the opposite direction the only other thing that will help this for a fact, because I have that installed also is:

https://kisantech.com/mag/pfin.html

The GoPro is good, I would mount it on the front, better than nothing but if you can swing the above you will increase your visibility and surveillance by 10 fold. Don't forget these days the cars are extremely soundproof and with the music blasting and AC on they're not hearing pipes sending sound in the opposite direction they WILL see you with flashing headlights coming up on them in their rear and side view mirrors.

don't forget

GoPro may be a great idea.
    Let's not forget they're on their phone w/ their drug dealer, sipping a beer & eatin' burger, music blasting, they think own the road, they think there's nobody on the road but them, most important they may be caring a gun & wanting to "blow some asshole," any asshole, away.
    Fl. leads the country in road rage. Last I heard there's 3 million legal carry permits here in FL. Out of 3 million there has to be a few loonie toons in the mix. ==== My point, stay alert & do not engage, keep your GoPro rolling. ==

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    GoPro may be a great idea.
    Let's not forget they're on their phone w/ their drug dealer, sipping a beer & eatin' burger, music blasting, they think own the road, they think there's nobody on the road but them, most important they may be caring a gun & wanting to "blow some asshole," any asshole, away.
    Fl. leads the country in road rage. Last I heard there's 3 million legal carry permits here in FL. Out of 3 million there has to be a few loonie toons in the mix. ==== My point, stay alert & do not engage, keep your GoPro rolling. ==
    Yep, we have all seen them

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

You can do a search and see there are many different locations to mount them. I have mine mounted top left mirror and find it works great. I wired my charging cable from my left glove box up through the mirror. This allows me to run the camera for longer than the 2hrs battery life. I also have a 128 card that enables the go-pro to run on loop mode. It will record just over 11 hours before it rewrites over.
    The 2 apps that come free are good to use it would enable you to zoom in or snap pics from your footage.
    here is a link to my you-tube page so you can see the quality of vids. keep in mind I have mine set on the lowest resolution of 720.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3q...fkfZ4P_lUPwa7A

good luck

URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/2wheelsforme/media/Go%20Pro%20mount_zpsiksqqpe0.jpg.html][/URL]

Thanks guys. It just pisses me off that this guy basically got away with it, and the cops could care less to figure out who it was. I guess I have to take matters into my own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    You can do a search and see there are many different locations to mount them. I have mine mounted top left mirror and find it works great. I wired my charging cable from my left glove box up through the mirror. This allows me to run the camera for longer than the 2hrs battery life. I also have a 128 card that enables the go-pro to run on loop mode. It will record just over 11 hours before it rewrites over.
    The 2 apps that come free are good to use it would enable you to zoom in or snap pics from your footage.
    here is a link to my you-tube page so you can see the quality of vids. keep in mind I have mine set on the lowest resolution of 720.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3q...fkfZ4P_lUPwa7A

good luck
    How did you mount it there? Screws, or just the tape?

Just the tape and it is still holding no problems after many trips and lots of miles. Just clean the area with an alcohol wipe first.

Re: GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by mohnolith View Post
    A few weeks ago a cager cut me off, and I ended up laying the bike down to avoid him. I ended up with $3000 damage to the bike and a broken leg. Unfortunately, nobody got the a-hole's plates, and he drove off.
    So, I've decided to get some louder pipes and invest in a GoPro Hero 5. Where do you all think would be the best place to mount it to 1. Make sure I get the plates if this happens again 2. Also get some decent video of my rides?

I'd go with light modulators fore and aft as well, forget the louder pipes. Go Pro, is great, and the suction mount works well for the bike, and putting a helmet mount on is always good. A few years ago I got cut off on I-95 in Stamford, CT, by a woman busy using an eyelash curler in the summer. I pulled up along side her and blasted my airhorn as she was doing the other eyelid. She almost ripped it off her face, and she voiced her displeasure with a string of unkind words. Satisfying...