Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kjelders...no issues, just remove two bolts...transfer the little black cover or tips from the stock to the aftermarket...hold your mouth just right and they will slide right on... you can tweak the bits that slide into the cover if you can't get them in on the second or third try...

I have two sets of cobra pipes and they both put out only 102 decibels .... did not have tool to check stock....if anyone has a I Phone you can down load a app and check and report to the board ? They are not loud !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cobra drone

Had my bike 4 days now with the dealer installed Cobras...Love them except for a somewhat nauseas drone at 60-75mph...Anyone else experience this or is it normal??

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Had my bike 4 days now with the dealer installed Cobras...Love them except for a somewhat nauseas drone at 60-75mph...Anyone else experience this or is it normal??
    After reading some of the posts in this same thread, I'd say "yes' and 'somewhat normal for these pipes" (I'm running OEM)

Ear plugs!

The Cobras are definitely louder at all speeds w/o the baffles so I just wear ear plugs, which is a good idea in general. I also swapped out my windscreen for the super small opaque one so there is more wind noise around the helmet which the ear plugs also cut significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    The Cobras are definitely louder at all speeds w/o the baffles so I just wear ear plugs, which is a good idea in general. I also swapped out my windscreen for the super small opaque one so there is more wind noise around the helmet which the ear plugs also cut significantly.
    Try wearing a different helmet and see if noise changes...it doesn't make sense to me but mine is quieter with a cheap half helmet than a new Arai XC 3/4 helmet. Maybe has something to do with reduced wind noise with better helmet, so louder exhaust sound???

mine are on 238 miles today awesome!

Corbra noise drone

I think the answer is partially due to the type of helmet for whatever reason as stated above...I have a 3/4 HJC with face shield and if I pull up the face shield the drone seems to be less noticeable..It may also have something to do with the Baggershield being taller than stock or ??..I love the pipes so hopefully I can find a workable solution....Thanks

Just checked on my order for the 6-to-6 with Wingstuff. They won't have anymore until sometime in November. Anyone know of another vendor who have them in stock and ready to ship?
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is a drone at those speeds and it gets MUCH better at 80mph. I rarely travel at a set speed for long and actually enjoy the music my pipes make (unbaffled). I had the same issue on my 2005 goldwing with Cobra pipes and had to keep the baffles in with that one. I don't know if it was a different pitch or if I'm harder of hearing now, but that one was to loud with the baffles out... this one is awesome with my new pipes.