Kudos For Helibars

Thread: Kudos For Helibars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I installed mine 3 years ago. Best money I've spent on my F6B.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Nice eh? I installed mine a week ago and love the adjustability. No more neck/shoulder pain. Felt different at first impression but now they are dialled in its
    2013 F6B in black of course

I like mine and would buy them again. I also have the MBL wide risers installed. So I have a little more lift and a little more back. I can sit back against the Mustang butt chock during acceleration.

Once installed, the helibars never felt odd to me. They immediately felt great. Though I must admit that sitting in the garage and "testing" them is not the same as riding down the road. So there were adjustments necessary.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I like mine and would buy them again. I also have the MBL wide risers installed. So I have a little more lift and a little more back. I can sit back against the Mustang butt chock during acceleration.

Once installed, the helibars never felt odd to me. They immediately felt great. Though I must admit that sitting in the garage and "testing" them is not the same as riding down the road. So there were adjustments necessary.
    Hey I've been curious about this. I have been thinking about moving my seat back a couple of inches or so and thought I might add the MBL risers under my Helibars to compensate. However, I have mine set in nearly the lowest position and the throttle cable is already quite taut. I'm not sure I'll have enough slack to put them in their lowest position if I move them back farther.

Have you checked yours to see if you have the full range of positions since the risers?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Hey I've been curious about this. I have been thinking about moving my seat back a couple of inches or so and thought I might add the MBL risers under my Helibars to compensate. However, I have mine set in nearly the lowest position and the throttle cable is already quite taut. I'm not sure I'll have enough slack to put them in their lowest position if I move them back farther.

Have you checked yours to see if you have the full range of positions since the risers?

Jason
    My throttle cables are pretty tight as it is. I adjusted those 90 degree bends at the handlebar to make the cables more loose. I am probably using 99% of the available length. I guess I got lucky that it all works.

Lowering the bars might still be okay. It looks like the distance could be even a bit shorter then (vs up higher). But, the cables might then be touching your brake lever (mine are close). Bottom line is that it is going to be close, but you can probably make it work.
    Albuquerque, NM

can't be beat!

I've had my HeliBars on for several years and can't imagine ever riding the F6B without them, next to the RDL saddle the second best mod ever for me.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/