Cobra 6 Pipes

Thread: Cobra 6 Pipes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Sound is always subjective. If hearing the exhaust is a large portion of your riding experience, you'll want it dialed in to suit your taste.

I like the staccato sound of a V-twin. V-8's sound good. 4's & 6's,,,, eh, not so much. Just 'what I'm used to', I guess.

I may be delusional (again!) but the sound of OEM pipes on many of my bikes has gotten better w/age vs. brand new. Not sure if a little carbon builds up and 'cancels/absorbs' some of the higher tones,,, Not a night and day difference by any means, but seems to be noticeable.

The mod bug keeps biting me for some pipes, but I'm not sure I really would appreciate the increased sound level. Been spending my $ elsewhere.

For all intents and purposes, the F6B is a 6 into 2 system, regardless of slip on or even t-loops. The true 6 into 6 pipes on the old Valks had a 'character' of their own which did have an appeal. Not gonna happen on the F6B until a 6 into 6 system is created. (Don't hold your breath!)

Scotrod...Good write up on exhausts...At my age of 74 loud pipes mean nothing to me..Although being an old "car guy"( 5.0 liter Mustangs), I like the a little throaty noise once in while...I had Stage 1 pipes on my last two Victory's and they were fine for me...I always loved the sound of the old Valkyrie 6 into 6 pipes even though I never managed to put them on my 99 Tourer..Was kind of hoping the current Cobras would do the same, or similar, with my F6B and it ain't happening...I like the looks of the 6-2-6's and will probably keep them on for now, but the "drone" is still somewhat of problem for me....I had the dealer keep the stock pipes for me, just in case, and I will go back to them this year sometime if I cannot deal with the Cobras,,,although I like the sound so far but have only 650 miles on the bike due to this "lousy"winter....