Considering a "B" - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Considering a "B"

The first thing physical aspect of the F6B that attracted me to it... was the length of it. It just got better from there.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    Hi all, I'm a current 2013 Victory Cross Country owner. .....Anyway, glad to be here and I'm looking forward to talking with you all, finding out more about these great bikes and hopefully getting one of my own very soon.
    Depends a great deal on your 'inseam'. 36" inseam here - and the B is challenging BUT with a few accessories it's becoming more of a joy to ride. Now, if were a shorter guy or had more of a regular / normal inseam - this bike would be FLAWLESS. Though being taller makes stopping at lights, backing up, etc., etc. extremely easy. In another thread I mentioned that I did miss the soul / thunder of sitting on a V-twin (came from a Yama Strat - which I still have) but the seamless flowing rhythm of this bike on the freeway, highway, and canyons is an ear to ear grin experience. Going on my 1st 3K trip (7 day) thru UT, so looking for to it.

btw, BIG believer here of also living within your means (I"m not a member of Congress, so It's quite easy - lol). Meaning I don't have credit cards (debt card yes) pay for everything in cash (bikes, cars, etc.) and have lived debt free since 2002. Bought a 2013 standard B for 11K cash w/ 4K miles from a dealer. He left the price on the title and receipt BLANK, so when I titled it, I saved another 600 in sales tax. I added the heated grips (w/ Kuryakyn ISO grips over the heated), center stand, etc., etc. Though I had the cash, I still took a small portion out of my checks for 2 months, then purchased the accessories.

Now, if I do not get fully comfortable with the bike thru this year - I'll sell it for what I bought it for, and eat the cost of the accessories. 11K w/ a title price left blank will be very easy to sell. It's a trade off for seeing the western half of the country (Rockies to the Pacific) on yet another bike. Though I'd like to keep this one for quite a few years.

So, yeah, buy the bike you want when you can afford it. There's always people who have bought a bike they cannot afford, or lost a job (we've all been there), or got married and wanted to start a family (need to sell the bike), to old to ride (I'll be there one day), etc., etc. so bargains are definitely out there. And, spring and summer is definitely NOT the time of year to buy a bike - deals are few and far between (Yes, I know you already know it - just reminding you). December thru March is perfect.

Well, that's my .02.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
    .....so bargains are definitely out there. And, spring and summer is definitely NOT the time of year to buy a bike - deals are few and far between (Yes, I know you already know it - just reminding you). December thru March is perfect.
    I have preached that same line for years - and I still think it is true (Oct-Feb is what I have told people but that's a northern thing too) - however, we have had more F6Bs for sale on this forum in the past 3 months than all of last year put together.
    It's really amazing!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I have preached that same line for years - and I still think it is true (Oct-Feb is what I have told people but that's a northern thing too) - however, we have had more F6Bs for sale on this forum in the past 3 months than all of last year put together.
    It's really amazing!
    Yeah, what's up with that? People losing jobs? Not comfortable with the seating? Starting families? Have they experienced for a year and just don't like it?
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Thanks for the advice, I can't say I live "debt free" but I refuse to be swimming or buried by it. I use credit wisely and unfortunately with where I'm at on the Victory, purchasing an F6B now wouldn't be wise.
    I'm sure there will be one available, at the right deal, when the time comes.
    "Talk about living life all you like...A motorcycle is a tool to actually do it" -me

I'm sooooo confused

Vmaxed and Pain I'm nearby as well. Been fighting with myself almost 18 months now. I want an F6B Deluxe. But which one? No cruise 2013 or cruise 2015? I liked the black but the matte is tempting. I sat on one two-1/2 years ago and am still thinking.
    Mark Flanagan
    2001 BMW R1150GS

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
    Yeah, what's up with that? People losing jobs? Not comfortable with the seating? Starting families? Have they experienced for a year and just don't like it?
    I've noticed it also. In wondering how many are just wanting to upgrade to cruise. Some guys think that cruise is real important. I think that if you had it on another bike you would probably miss it. I do 300 mile day trips. Not very often do I go much further than that. But you guys are right , I'm surprised at how many bikes have been listed lately.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Vmaxed and Pain I'm nearby as well. Been fighting with myself almost 18 months now. I want an F6B Deluxe. But which one? No cruise 2013 or cruise 2015? I liked the black but the matte is tempting. I sat on one two-1/2 years ago and am still thinking.
    Depends on how much you plan to ride. I never had cruise before and even on my Matte Silver 15, never used it much. However...yesterday I rode more than I ever have and used the cruise control a lot. It's not a game ender, as there are many other ways to accomplish the same thing, such as Go Cruise, etc. Also, I cleaned bugs off the front about 5 or 6 times during the day. Simple with glass cleaner and wipes....no worries about the paint.

What a highway machine. I looked down at it many times and just smiled. I love this thing.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I bought my 13 in July of 14 knowing it lacked cruise. I have ridden my Valkyries for years without cruise and really never felt like I was missing something. Everyone is different though. I try to not spend much of my riding on boring Interstates for preferred twisty back roads where cruise is not that handy. I have a throttle lock and I have Kury Iso grips with the throttle boss paddle on the end that alleviates fatigued throttle hand . I've never had an issue with fatigue. I do ride anywhere from 300 to 700 miles in a day regularly. I only ise the throttle lock when I feel I need my right hand while riding and that is not very often. My left can perform most tasks.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Mark - my economic advice would be "buy what you can afford."
    - If $$$ is tight and you can find a sweet deal on a used or NOS 2013/14 then I'd jump on one of those. All the depreciation will be accounted for and you can get several throttle helper items to give your right hand a break occasionally.
    - If money flow is good to go, find a discounted 15 somewhere. You'll obviously pay more, but you'll be getting a bit more as well.
    The delta between your two "best deals" will be your deal maker/breaker.

Me personally:
    I have a -14, got a Kury throttle boss on the oversized grips, and I have no issues riding 1000 miles a day.
    I have an XL to XXL sized hand and have been riding without cruise since day 1.

As Shooter eloquently points out, if someone had it on a bike before, they would miss it here. I believe that true as well.

But, the bottom line? Either way, you need to make a decision: you are missing a lot of GREAT riding on one of these.
    No pressure....

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce