2018 Steering Slop/Loose Tie Rod

Thread: 2018 Steering Slop/Loose Tie Rod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    At this point in motorcycle evolution you'd think the suspension would be a non issue. If what's being shown about the new Wings front suspension is true (which it appears to be) then it's kinda hard not to talk about.

Could be "fake news" as they say, but I agree that only time will tell as the newer generation bikes get thousands of miles on them...At this point most of this suspension talk, is in my opinion, just talk!!!!....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Could be "fake news" as they say, but I agree that only time will tell as the newer generation bikes get thousands of miles on them...At this point most of this suspension talk, is in my opinion, just talk!!!!....Regards
    Something tells me Max isn't in to "fake news". I've heard he hates CNN AND MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    At this point in motorcycle evolution you'd think the suspension would be a non issue. If what's being shown about the new Wings front suspension is true (which it appears to be) then it's kinda hard not to talk about.
    I still hold that this isn't from design, it's from dealer prep/setup. When I got my CTX700 (the 3rd my dealer had ever had), the rear was WAY too soft - they left it from the factory, which was essentially zero preload. As a big-boy, I cranked it all the way to full preload and it's been great ever since. Was that a design flaw? Nope! Dealer prep flaw, and if it was a 150 pound "idealized" Honda rider, it would have been great. Being over twice that, though, I needed a LOT of preload.