Brough Superior

Thread: Brough Superior

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Concur - the Notrun Commando styling is as classic as it is timeless.
    However its propensity of refusing to fire up again after you just rode it to the corner store for a pack of cigs was infuriating.
    If only Kenny Dreer (was it he in Oregon?) was still doing his modern magic to the lovely commando...
    Attached is a beauty i saw at the Indy GP - it fired up, ran and sounded great.

Haven't read Big Sids Vincent yet; thanks for the reminder (it is now on my top 10 books to be read list.)

Quote Originally Posted by Clash View Post
    Concur - the Notrun Commando styling is as classic as it is timeless.
    However its propensity of refusing to fire up again after you just rode it to the corner store for a pack of cigs was infuriating.
    If only Kenny Dreer (was it he in Oregon?) was still doing his modern magic to the lovely commando...
    Attached is a beauty i saw at the Indy GP - it fired up, ran and sounded great.

Haven't read Big Sids Vincent yet; thanks for the reminder (it is now on my top 10 books to be read list.)
    I updated my 70 Commando with an electronic ignition and a single Mikuni Carb and it was always a one kick bike. There are so many upgraded parts to address the Norton's shortcomings they can be very reliable now.