Cornering Speed and Posture - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cornering Speed and Posture

interesting video here from the final race of the season last weekend.

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2013...ind%20Valencia

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post

I watched it live at 5am...ugh. Marc is a crazy person and so is Jorge.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post

I noticed that all of these extraordinary riders were using motorcycle tires. Where are the dark side riders????

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    I noticed that all of these extraordinary riders were using motorcycle tires. Where are the dark side riders????

Barry
    Here you go. I think Bigdawg rides with this guy, Yellow Wolf. Pretty sure he is running a CT.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDVJFDblQ2A

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    Barry
    By this line of reasoning, you also don't see extraordinary racers selecting the F6B for Moto GP. Does that mean the F6B is not a great bike? Obviously not!

Beyond that, dark side riders don't lean at 62 degrees and, I'm assuming, neither do you For the record, I don't recall anyone suggesting extreme riding on car tires. What I do recognize is that for normal and even very spirited riding, dark side riders enjoy some distinctive advantages. There are legitimate reasons for so many going this route. That said, it's certainly not for everyone but it has become a legitimate, accepted choice for many bikes and styles of riding. To each his own!

Having ridden sport bikes a lot, and having ridden in Europe, I tend to be aggressive in cornering. I sit up and lean a bit forward, head stays upright at all times (tilting your head in a turn is a good way to misjudge road angel & depth ), I tend to neutral steer most of the time ('pushing' into the inside handlebar) to minimize the effort needed to overcome the bikes inertia in changing direction (the F6 'snaps' down and back up well) . I find most other riders tend to take the twisties quite a bit slower than I want to, but everyone needs to ride their ride and stay within their capabilities, and have fun of course.

The guy following that Yellow Wing weren't slouching. Damn that got my blood flowing. E-a-s-y now,,,

I be riding this w/e if it ain't wet. i'm blessed with twisties in every direction.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I'm THE FASTEST in our group, BAR NONE!!!

EACH and EVERY time!!!!

EACH and EVERY corner!!!!

ZERO exceptions!!!!!

(It's just me and the wife,,,, and she's real dayum slow!!! LOL!!!)

Goin fast can be fun. I got most all of that out of my system years ago.

Enjoy your ride!

First of all, None of the advice that I have supplied is my own. I have collected it from various sources over the years I have taken riding schools, road racing schools, and spent years riding sport bikes and a few years road racing bikes. All the information is available to you and it is cheap and easy information. The problem with it is; it is worthless without practice! If you want to learn to ride at a quicker pace, then ask someone to coach you and listen to what the have to say. I have taught a lot of folks the proper technique for going around corners. I have had some not so good results with those who followed and said they knew how to ride. I do not go fast on the straight a ways, especially in the mountains, It takes a lot of practice to figure out how fast you can approach a corner and navigate though it. There are also several different techniques for taking a corner, and several different factors that could dictate which method is best at that moment. It all goes back to one of the statements that I made in an earlier post. Situational awareness. Conditions change, sometimes in moments. If you want to challenge yourself, Learn your bike, be comfortable, downshifting and using the front brake. Be comfortable leaning the bike over and be smooth! Enjoy, be safe. be smart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jb6FIzx-A

Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    The guy following that Yellow Wing weren't slouching. Damn that got my blood flowing. E-a-s-y now,,,
    Hey, Ricky...my thoughts exactly. Man, if that video doesn't get you going, nothing will