Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
I like the idea of the DCT transmission, but I wonder how would be in the twisties. How long would it take to learn new riding techniques or acclimate? Riding aggressively, I am used to keeping the engine torqued up going into corners.
I'm on my second set of floorboards on my CTX... I ride nearly every week in the Santa Monica mountains (Yerba Buena is my favorite ride - you're lucky if you find 20 yards straight). No problem with the twisties and walking away from cruisers and keeping up with sports bikes!

DCT can be switched to "manual". Meaning you have two toggle switches - on for "shift up" and one for "shift down". You can keep it in gear as long as you like. It will happily bang off the rev limiter if you don't upshift - but it WILL automatically downshift if you start to bog the engine (down around 1500 RPM).

For monthly hauls to SF, I leave it in automatic/drive mode, and sit back and enjoy the ride and the scenery. For in-city rides (Ventura, the valley, LA/OC), I use automatic/sport mode. More aggressive with the shift timings (higher RPMs, holds longer) so it works better as you need to "scoot quick" a bit more. And for the mountains/fun time I drop it into manual and go at it, deciding when and where I want it to shift.