What did you do to your F6B today?

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    My speedometer is dead on with my GPS.
    We've been down this road before.
    It seems any Honda motorcycle that has an electronic speedo in metric reads about 6% too fast.
    And that would be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    We've been down this road before.
    It seems any Honda motorcycle that has an electronic speedo in metric reads about 6% too fast.
    And that would be mine.
    Mate, spot on
    Mines about the same

I moved my bike into the 3rd garage stall to avoid covering it with wood dust from an ongoing project. Now it's away from the dust and has my wife's bike to keep it company. While I was moving it I cursed the 25 degree air. If it gets above freezing next weekend as predicted, I'll be out riding my F6B for the first time!
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Installed and calibrated the Healtech Speedohealer.
    For everyone outside the US who has a metric speedo and odo, your readings are likely in the 6% optimistic range. This device electronically, through the Vehicle Speed Sensor circuit, adjusts the VSS signal so that the speedo and odo read accurately.

Next I installed the EC low beam cutout harness so that my HID low beams don't power up unnecessarily, only once the engine is running. It's done by using the oil pressure sensor's signal to energize the relay for the HID's.
    What should have been an easy install turned out to be a bit of a "gotcha". First, the lower front fairing (cowl) has to come off. No big deal. Then the left horn has to come off. No big deal. Then I realized the quarters were still too tight to take off the rubber boot over the oil pressure sender and install the EC wire. So next came off the oil filter. Now the unanticipated reared its ugly head. The protective rubber boot over the oil sensor wire is a form fit. There is no room to slip the EC wire through the rubber boot without cutting the rubber boot, so that's what I had to do. Using an exacto knife, I put a small slice though the boot, ran the EC wire through, tightened the oil pressure wire and EC wire back down, and then reinstalled the rubber boot. I used some black automotive silicone to seal up the slice in the boot. The whole deal took about a half hour. The longest part was thinking about how to install that extra wire without sacrificing the water resistant integrity of the boot.

Attachment 12139

The small black box that is the speedohealer. The harness on the left is from the VSS. The harness on the right connects to a tiny pushbutton. Pressing this button with either the ignition on or the engine running causes the speedo to display to the fastest speed attained. Each time you exceed the previous fastest speed, the new speed is set to memory. Holding down the button for 2 s erases the previous top speed.

Attachment 12140

The speedohealer velcro'd to the inside of the right radiator cover. The speedohealer controls for programming are the two small red buttons. The single red LED allows for the programming. one operation at a time. The instructions were straightforward and the quality is excellent.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I started to mess around with blue led's to match the blue on the speedo .......

These buttons should have been lit from the factory...

Installed my new winbender HPS....now...if it would warm up enough to give it a trial run.....that would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I started to mess around with blue led's to match the blue on the speedo .......

These buttons should have been lit from the factory...

Does the Blue effect the colour of the Gauges?????

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Does the Blue effect the colour of the Gauges?????
    No. Once the gauges are in place only the speakers will be lit. And the display buttons that I added lights too..

Thanks mate. bet yah it looks kool

I installed the OEM tall windshield that I bought from forum member ff73148 last October. Thanks Frank, the windshield looks great!

I also installed Quantum Hand Air Deflectors that my wife got me for my birthday from Wingstuff.com Installation was pretty easy except for removing the screw under the left mirror. it was in so tight that I though I was going to snap the head off the screw.

Tomorrow I take my F6B out for the first time ever!
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon