seat time on new valk - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: seat time on new valk

I was wondering about the rev-limits also. Plus the magazines do not post any 1/4 mile times anywhere. If the F6B put down a "magazine pro rider" best time of 11.86 seconds at 111mph, than one could only imagine that 1/4 mile time is better on the F6C Valkyrie.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

the 1500 wing and the 1500 valk engines were different with 6 carbs vs 2 on the wing and different cams and cam timing -- the old valk engine was a lot peppier than the wings. I am not sure, but think wing and new valk have the same basic powerplants

also if I get a chance to line up the f6b with one and run I'll do it but if it were me on both bikes the valk will pull it for sure. Then again I will have no bugs in my teeth and listen to my ipod on the highway through the stereo the valk doesnt have -- with cold beverages in my sealed saddlebags that it doesn't have either.

Certainly no matter what color the Valkyrie, it will be the fastest. But a red F6B will give you a run.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    They are the same. 100 lbs, makes quite a difference though.
    It's not the same. More timing and more fuel have been dialed in according to Honda.

Got a link to that info about more timing and fuel? If they recommend 91 or 93 in the Valk then something has certainly been tweaked and more power is being created.

I thought I saw a magazine tester go 11.4s in the quarter mile on an F6. 850lbs... 115hp... we should be mid to low 11's easily.

They got an 11.86 second run out of a 2013 F6B, so I can only imagine that the Valk with at minimum shave off a couple tenths if it has the same fuel adjustment, gearing, and redline as an F6B. I just want to hear some kick-arse stories from you Valk guys. You guys have the fighters, go kick some booty.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    It's not the same. More timing and more fuel have been dialed in according to Honda.
    According to Honda where? Where did you get your info from? I wouldn't trust some sales guy.
    I've rode both. The Valk is quicker, but it should be. It's lighter. However, I figured that by the time I added what I'd want to add to the bike, hard bags, hopefully a fairing, there wouldn't be that much of a weight difference.

I did test ride a 14 F6B that had had custom exhaust work, cat removed, a bazzazz etc... It was a noticeable difference. I think it would definitely give the new Valk a run for the money. I wanted to buy there and have the same done, but the sales guy and I were just too far off. He was trying to clown me.

Jimmy, what octane does the Valk need?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Jimmy, what octane does the Valk need?
    I believe it is the same requirements. The octane wouldn't necessarily need to be higher if changes had occurred. However, I have not read, been told, or heard of the Valkyrie being any different in the motor. The hp ratings are the same.