Anybody running Show Chrome heel/toe shifter?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody running Show Chrome heel/toe shifter?

Anybody running Show Chrome heel/toe shifter?

Just installed mine. Not shifting down very well. The forked part that rides on the bikes shift lever, I think is supposed to ride on the rubber peg. Mine is too far towards the right/ towards the bike, and cant get a positive downshift. Anyone else have this issue?

As I recall, the front arm is supposed to be on the metal part closest to the bike....the rubber part of your original shifter should not be touching and rides just to the outside of the forked section of the shifter arm.

Remove the original Honda rubber sleeve--not needed. (This is clearly stated in Step 2 of the Installation instructions)

Should work fine with light, steady heel pressure. Don't stomp on it!

Love mine.. Shifts great! Size 14 shoe, now I can wear all kinds of boots no problem!
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Remove the original Honda rubber sleeve--not needed. (This is clearly stated in Step 2 of the Installation instructions)

Should work fine with light, steady heel pressure. Don't stomp on it!

Love mine.. Shifts great! Size 14 shoe, now I can wear all kinds of boots no problem!
    motoman- My instructions say nothing about removing the rubber sleeve. If I remove the sleeve it seems like there would be too much slop, and the problem is shifting down into 1st, with the toe end. It doesn't seem like it's pushing it down far enough. It shifts up fine with the heel. Here is all the instruction that it came with-Attachment 7532

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    There is a Show Chrome HT shifter, and then there is a Show Chrome HT shifter with floorboards.

I had the HT shifter. Looks like you have the HT shifter w/floorboards.

Yes, it's the H/T with floorboards. I didn't know they had H/T solo, and its a different hook up to toe shifter of bike. I will try running the forked end to the side of the rubber peg tomorrow after work to see if that works better. Hopefully somebody else has this same setup, and has it working correctly. Once I got used to the H/T floorboards of my VTX1800R, I gotta have it now.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that product. Are there any pictures of it installed online that might help you determine if ya got it on like it should be?

You could post some pics of what it's like now too. Maybe someone will see something,,,

From the few pictures I've found online, it appears the forked end rides to the inside of the rubber peg. The fork opening is as large as the rubber so it kind of slides onto it a little. After riding it again, I am thinking the real problem of it not shifting down is because the H/T shifter is not falling back into place after making a shift. I have oiled the nylon bushing but it still is sticking. Hopefully it will loosen up after some use.
    For right now, if I am in 3rd and shift down to 2nd I have to heel the lever back to place, then I can shift down to 1st. This is the best pic I've seen so far as to position of fork. Hopefully someone else will chime in with suggestions, I really like these. I appreciate everyones input so far!

Attachment 7551

Add some weight to the heel arm of the shifter?

If the HT shifter arm is 'nose/toe heavy', balancing it with some weight may help,,,

My Kury was just tiny hair tail heavy with the forward 'peg' removed. Nose heavy with it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock View Post
    motoman- My instructions say nothing about removing the rubber sleeve. If I remove the sleeve it seems like there would be too much slop, and the problem is shifting down into 1st, with the toe end. It doesn't seem like it's pushing it down far enough. It shifts up fine with the heel. Here is all the instruction that it came with-Attachment 7532

Sorry Hardrock - Maybe there are different versions.

Here is the one I used:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/in...-21GL-0911.pdf
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.