Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
I just installed a 13" Madstad system on my bike today. I also have about a 2 1/2" x 3/16" gap on each side, How did you correct it. Did you slot the 2 outside holes? My real problem is, I think I bought too tall of shield (13") I am no longer looking over the shield, I think, it got late so I haven't taken the bike out for a ride yet. I am 5'11" so I thought I would go to the next size up (13") for better protection. Did I make a mistake.
Did not slot the holes; was able to utilize the existing holes by carefully starting and simultaneously tightening all three mounting bolts at the same time. I addressed that gap issue by using 5/16" foam insulation tape.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...hlight=madstad

Am curious to see the new adapter plate and how they addressed the gap issue.

As far as your questioning o the shield size that you have; I am 5'10" and have the 13" medium gray shield as well. At full height adjustment, I an looking just through the top of it. That is fine for me. You can get used to it.

I'd like to get the 15" in a more lighter tint... for the colder months. Right now the 13" is working fine in the cooler fall temperatures we currently are enjoying up here.