Heated Grips - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heated Grips

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    How much more work is it to change the air filter while I have the bike apart to install the heated grips? Steve
    You are very close to the Air Filter so have one ready when you tear down the bike. I can't post pictures or I would show how mine looked apart.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    You are very close to the Air Filter so have one ready when you tear down the bike. I can't post pictures or I would show how mine looked apart.
    I had the bike tore down once before to install the Ozzy Cruise but the bike had low miles on it then. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Check out this YouTube vid it will tell you. Not mine but a good guide.
    . https://youtu.be/zFUFL9hpnWg
    Good video on the filter change!
    Now, my 2 cents on hand warmers. I love them. As an "older" guy, and since my Doc has me on blood thinner meds, my fingers do get colder, sooner , than when I was a youngster. I aI lways turn them on when it gets cool. And I don't need a real "heavy" pair of gloves, just my normal riding gloves work well. I would not buy another "Touring" bike without the heated grips.

I am installing them this morning / I have the video you showed / the manual / and the maintenance videos I should be able to do this if I can locate a filter today. Steve

I found the filter and I have the bike almost disassembled. It is cold so I am on a break. I am marking and bagging the fasteners as I go. I am putting the 5 bolts on each side through a diagram on cardboard and taping over so they don't fall out. I marked each bolt with a number starting from the bottom. I got everything back together after the Ozy Cruise so this should go will again. Steve

Filter change was a success!!! I found a nest // You better check yours / my bike is in the garage all the time.