Reasonable Offer for new F6B/Deluxe

Thread: Reasonable Offer for new F6B/Deluxe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just checked that Ebay posting out and something seems fishy with this seller. It shows only 21 feedbacks with a 0% feedback rating. If it didn't sell with that low of a buy it now price and now the price has been raised I wouldn't trust it. If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
    I just checked that Ebay posting out and something seems fishy with this seller. It shows only 21 feedbacks with a 0% feedback rating. If it didn't sell with that low of a buy it now price and now the price has been raised I wouldn't trust it. If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.
    I'm an extremely experienced eBay pro. That sellers feedback rating is 0% because you were looking at his 21 feedbacks, but none of them were during the last 12 months, and that is what the 0% shows. If you read the feedbacks he HAS received, it is for motorcycles, and they are all positive but over a year old.
    He probably ended the auction early before he got any bids because he realized he had not set a reserve price, he was getting more watchers than he expected (because he realized he priced it too low) and realized he was going to most likely have a last minute bidder and have to sell it for $10,200. I would have done the same thing. It's still a great deal but I think it's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    I'm an extremely experienced eBay pro. That sellers feedback rating is 0% because you were looking at his 21 feedbacks, but none of them were during the last 12 months, and that is what the 0% shows. If you read the feedbacks he HAS received, it is for motorcycles, and they are all positive but over a year old.
    He probably ended the auction early before he got any bids because he realized he had not set a reserve price, he was getting more watchers than he expected (because he realized he priced it too low) and realized he was going to most likely have a last minute bidder and have to sell it for $10,200. I would have done the same thing. It's still a great deal but I think it's legit.
    Yes, but it wasn't an auction listing, it was a Buy it Now, or Best Offer, so there was no bidding or reserve price.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Yes, but it wasn't an auction listing, it was a Buy it Now, or Best Offer, so there was no bidding or reserve price.
    Oh, well I guess it all amounts to the same thing. He realized he priced it too low and decided to end it early and raise the price. Still it will probably sell and it's still a great deal. The seller obviously realizes that as well.

I certainly don't claim to be an Ebay Pro, but Jim is right in that the original listing had a $10,200 Buy It Now or Best Offer. That would typically indicate the seller will take $10,200 right now to end the auction. It just seems strange that the seller raised the price, but maybe they're playing games trying to get as much as they can. Either way, that type of selling manipulation would deter me as a buyer and I would be skeptical. At the end of the day it's only going to bring what someone is willing to pay. $11k or even $11.5k would be a steal on that bike with only 4400 miles and aftermarket cruise control installed. Got this one saved to my watch list and anxious to see how it turns out.