Bee and other insect encounters

Thread: Bee and other insect encounters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was leading a group on the coast in April a few years back with my half helmet and no windshield on my Fatboy. I saw something in the air but I was sure it would be gone by the time I got there. It was not and I don't have a clue as to what it was, but the guys behind me said my head snapped around like a took a left hook from George Foreman. I thought it was going to knock me off the bike for a few seconds until I got my bearings again. It left a mark on my right cheek for days---still don't know what it was.

BTW---I have been hit twice by a golf ball. The man who stays on his bike after that wins hands down.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many bugs have given their life so I may enjoy my rides, although I have had two (different occasions) that got me back by flying up my pant leg and stinging me in the calf.

I must have been a sight as I rode along at highway speeds smacking myself repeatedly in the leg trying to squash the little bugger.

And once many years ago when I rode without a windshield, I had a bee get caught in between my glasses and temple and sting me in the side of my head.... wow that hurt
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

The wife and I hit a pheasant last year saw it coming lucky we slowed down hit me in the top of the head and the wife in the side of hers. Hit a swallow one time right in the windpipe. Yellow jacket in the shirt pulled in the driveway felt something crawling swatted it and it started stinging must have set a record pulling my leather coat off running for the house.

Went to school with a guy who didn't show up for a few days. Comes in wearing a neck brace and all banged up. Here on the way to school he hit a flock of blackbirds knocked him right off the bike lucky he had his riding gear on and didn't slide into anything solid just whiplash and bruises

Bee swarms suck!
    Fortunately the gf and I saw it coming and got our heads down (helmets on), so no stings. But dozens of bees received their kamikaze certifications that day! 😆
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"