Rear Reflective Panels - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rear Reflective Panels

Your is relevant to this thread Dickie. Shoot... I am still awaiting a pair of headlight modulators from Kisan; they were sent out last week (17 Aug) and are still showing as PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS

The vendor is just as mystified as I am.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

USPS service--not!

Yeah it's a shame that the once proud profession of letter carriers had become bloated and inefficient, just like the rest of our obese progressive government. Don't even get me started on the EPA! My mail is so unliable that I ask my mail person (if they speak English or Spanish) to leave the stuff at my door step. The few times they have actually delivered things of value "in/at the " some guy in a hoodie breaks the little door and steals the mail. This is a gated community, mind you. Now I use FedEx and ups for all of my important stuff, and don't buy from vendors who use "economy shipping."

So I hope Deano will send another set of decals soon so that I can review them and post pic's for you all. If not then I will rely upon EBay to make me whoe and go to Walmart for my own 3M reflective tape for 1/2 the money...

Post office and dfinkelsteinmd

I have mailed literally thousands of these sets around the world and now can count on 2 fingers the ones that didn't make it, (other one to Australia) so in my mailing professional mind they do a pretty good job. Recall that congress forced them to pay their ENTIRE retirement fund obligations for the next 70 years within in the past 5 years which makes their balance sheet look pretty bad. When you've got FedEx and UPS whispering in the ear of congress that's what you get. Just wait until it's privatized - you'll have a whole new set of complaints.

The good Dr got his money back from ebay, while finding me not at fault, so he is made whole. I send out a set in good faith, it gets lost and I get nothing. Gotta love it. Offered to send another set with signature required using the money he got back. Maybe that will work. Gated communities must be tough...

eBay rules!

Yes EBay reimbursed me after I offered to accept a replacement set that would be mailed differently (insured or in a box), but that did not happen. It is very sad indeed to see a venerable institution like the U.S. Mail become as bloated and prone to errors, theft and probably corruption, but that's the window of opportunity in which free enterprise and competition thrive. Thanks to EBay, Amazon, Alibaba and Gilt Group, to mention a few very successful businesses that have done well by disruption and real customer service. They actually get what most of us have always said--the customer is always right!

Quote Originally Posted by Deano K View Post
    If it's not a wax it may not be an issue. Try 1 side and see what you get. If it doesn't stick I'll replace it. If it doesn't you might try some TSP on the area.

Some wry humor follows: I sell 40 different kinds of bike decals and I must say the F6B crowd has been the most "challenging!" Maybe that's the demographic... These aren't even close to being the larges square inch decals I offer, so doubly puzzling. BTW - FJR1300s rule!

Deano
    Final note - In spite of my messaging settings here to the contrary, I NEVER get email notifications for either PMs OR forum responses, so it may be a couple days before I come back to check on progress
    Man you guys are a tough crowd....take it easy...seems to me the vendor is bending over backwards.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I totally agree !

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Man you guys are a tough crowd....take it easy...seems to me the vendor is bending over backwards.....
    No kidding-If some get this worked up over reflective panels what do they do when faced with a real problemPlus this vendor seems to be doing pretty much all he can to make things right.

Oh btw Deeno K... I am going to put in another order for your decals... I'll include in the "message to the seller" that you pack 'em the same way; that you did with the second one you sent. They did arrive unscathed from the USPS....

Thanks Bro!

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Ebay ordering

How do you pick the color you want? I went on Ebay and there is no black or white or yellow or red to pick from. I just wanted a set of Black ones.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    How do you pick the color you want? I went on Ebay and there is no black or white or yellow or red to pick from. I just wanted a set of Black ones.
    You have to specify in a message to Deano K; as to what you want (for color).

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537