I'm at an impasse....... - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I'm at an impasse.......

I have to agree with the handling of the Can-am (snowmobile with wheels). I rode one back in April at Arizona Bike Week. It was fun on the test ride but my experience was the same, hard to keep a straight line/wandering all over the lane. I compare it to riding a quad on the street. If I were in the market for a three wheeled bike I would definitely get a regular trike. The F6B in trike form looks awesome!

Attachment 2786

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Hmm,,, Wandering,,, Curious as to the reasoning,,,

Just thinking out loud,,,,

Bikes respond to body motions as well as control inputs. Subtle movements, combined with subtle inputs, may occur subconsciously... (I sometimes swear the F6B corners by itself! LOL!)

Contact patch on MC tires are very narrow,,, Only uses a tiny fraction of the overall lane.

Spyder:

I've never ridden a Spyder so I can only 'guess'.

Assuming more physical input required at the Spyder controls to achieve similar results. Combined with (2) wider tires tracking partially in/out of the passenger car 'grooves' due to a narrower steer axle width (as compared to a car)

Kinda like a narrow Jeep trying to stay in the ruts left by a Full Sized 4 X 4,,,, Can trail one side or the other but not both at the same time,,, 'back and forth',,,

Cool And I'm 60 now, shouldn't I start thinking

Wishey 1 ...." And I'm 60 now, shouldn't I start thinking " Are you asking a question here ??? Do you have a physical issue not disclosed? What has age got to do with riding anything, except maybe a tricycle??? Not to brag but I am 55 YOA, work out 4 days per week, try not to bench press more that 300# can leg press in a machine 1150# and run most people half my age into the ground before 11:00 am ..... Now if you have a physical issue, by all means get a trike... we have a couple of members who wheel around in a " chair " when not on their trike...by any means necessary keep your knees in the wind...but don't let a number make that decision for you !!! We have several members over 70 who still ride... I ride locally with a gentleman who is 76. I see no signs of him stopping any time soon.... to answer your question the Can Am is a POS ! Period !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post
    I want the F6B (of course), the Can-am rt, and the Husqvarna 650.......

In reality I can only have one. I've tried owning two bikes on two occasions and I just can't
    keep up with all the maintenance, and will inevitably start riding only one.......

There can be only one!

Do any of you guys know the skinny on the Can-am RTs?? I'm somewhat fascinated by not
    having to put your feet down and the wife liked the big back seat of my two Gold Wings...
    And I'm 60 now, shouldn't I start thinking about these three-wheeled vehicles...

Was looking at the Can-am and the F6B as my Super Bowl final comparison.....Can-Am rt-
    limited (demo for $21K) and the F6B (new deluxe for $18) Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Please, can you help a brother out...?
    If a trike is what you want or feel the most confident on, fine, but don't let age, just a number, be the determining factor. I was 70 when I moved from my Valkyrie to the F6B and I'm loving every minute I spend on it. Went for a lunch run ride of 250 miles round trip on Saturday. All except about 30 miles of it was in the twisting Sierra foothills. One of the other guys on a Beemer 1200 GS is 82 years old and he slows down for nothing. Age is just a number so ride what you like and enjoy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post

The opposite side of the coin is...after all the bikes I have owned and all the miles I have ridden, the Honda F6B is either THEE best bike I have ever owned, or...I forget what other bike might have been better. It is so good, it causes you to forget all previous bikes, except...maybe that '74 Norton 850 Commando, or that '54 Vincent Black Shadow
    YES! I second this oppinion (except it should reference a 70 Commando and a 51 Shadow as well).

"Four wheels move the body... Two wheels move the soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Not to brag but I am 55 YOA, work out 4 days per week, try not to bench press more that 300# can leg press in a machine 1150# and run most people half my age into the ground before 11:00 am
    This is Steve

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    This is Steve
    This is Scott:

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    That's because it's a scooter.

Attachment 2756

You can call a dog a cat, but it's still a dog.
    Nice find.

I've owned one for many years and in my experience the VIN plate, Insurance companies and Suzuki maintenance materials all refer to it as a motorcycle. But by definition [step through design and a platform for the rider's feet] it is both a motorcycle and a scooter!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    This is Scott:

Ok, that's funny, and, I'm with you Scott.......

w

This is Steve

I lmao.......