Dealer story

Thread: Dealer story

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Seems like extremely high price to me. I put in the "Speed Bleeders", and brake fluid and clutch is easy and quick. And doesn't require an extra person. Coolant change is not hard either, but takes a bit longer. WJDuke, do you have a service manual? Just wondering. Give these fluid changes a try, next time they are due. It will save you plenty of $$, and the satisfaction of self maintanence is a great feeling. However, I don't have any idea of your age, or mechanical ability, so, I should just shut my mouth. Anyway, have a good day!
    I’m 64, somewhat mechanically inclined, but no mechanic. I’m just at the point of letting someone else do the difficult stuff. I don’t have many tools, or even a good place to work on it. I’ve changed my own tires and always did the oil changes. I used to work in tire shops. I appreciate the advice!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I’m 64, somewhat mechanically inclined, but no mechanic. I’m just at the point of letting someone else do the difficult stuff. I don’t have many tools, or even a good place to work on it. I’ve changed my own tires and always did the oil changes. I used to work in tire shops. I appreciate the advice!
    I feel the same. I turn 63 in a couple of days and have done a lot of maintenance myself. Everything from changing tires, brake and clutch fluid, coolant , brake pad, etc. I have started to pay for most of it now. Found a local shop I trust, Ducati guys and they do good work. They ain't cheap though.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I feel the same. I turn 63 in a couple of days and have done a lot of maintenance myself. Everything from changing tires, brake and clutch fluid, coolant , brake pad, etc. I have started to pay for most of it now. Found a local shop I trust, Ducati guys and they do good work. They ain't cheap though.
    Everyone is different "Luckily", I'm only commenting because I too am 64! Iv'e always worked on my bikes and my cars, but at 64 and retired, I'm restoring a 1974 Kawasaki Z900, and on the weekends volunteer at a WW2 Aviation museum working on P61 Black Widow.
    So to each their own!
    You all have fun!