USB extended..? How do I extend the USB to the left cubby

Thread: USB extended..? How do I extend the USB to the left cubby

USB extended..? How do I extend the USB to the left cubby

I want to have the USB in my left cubbie, not sure where or how to run this cable. What length cord is needed as well?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2015 F6B owner (purchased new 10/29/16)
    Traded in my 2014 CTX 1300
    Sold my 1995 Nighthawk
    Sold (1st bike) Kawasaki Vulcan 500

First...Welcome...secondly there is so much info available in the search, you'll be surprised. I usually go right to "adv. search " have more luck and quicker. The usb cable move has been discussed many times. I've also read the length of the cable sometimes cases problems (resistance ??) with the system. I've not had any with a short one, to hook up Apple products. Type in "USB Relocate" by Spanky that thread is two years old but covers a lot of it. Good luck.

Cool

to the board svnter...Great Advice Vondawg !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by svnten View Post
    I want to have the USB in my left cubbie, not sure where or how to run this cable. What length cord is needed as well?
    You can probably do it with 3 meters (10 feet). Per the USB spec the maximum cable length is 5 meters (16 feet) - assuming 2 feet is already occupied by the Honda system, you have about 4 meters (13 feet) to play with.