Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
Currently in Cortez at Super 8. If you're particular or bringing someone who is you might want to check out another place. Parking isn't great due to not being able to see bike and rooms are eh. Gas, food, drink within walking distance is a bonus but most hotel/motels are in this town. Lots of "wellness" shops so stock up on brownies while you're here.
Thanks for the update. I was concerned about that Super 8. At those rates, it had to be on the lower end of the scale. The rate is good, but I guess I fit in the "bit particular" group. I like a nice, clean place, and it must have a really good bed for my back. I had looked earlier at other locations, but that time of the year they are all pretty expensive as lots of tourists going to Mesa Verde stay in Cortez. I'll be starting a 7-day trip next week and our first night will be in Cortez -- we are staying at the Hampton Inn, which I know will be nice. But expensive in August. Will have to give the lodging some thought.

Have fun in Laughlin. I've done that with friends several times and always enjoyed it, but that was years ago.