Slimey Crud Run!!!!

Thread: Slimey Crud Run!!!!

Slimey Crud Run!!!!

Hey Wis, Il, Iowa, Min.
    Anyone going to the Climey Crud Run on Sunday?
    Weather sounds great. This is always a great time with 1000's of bikes
    Can't Wait.

http://www.slimeycrudrun.com

There are no big ad campaigns, no corporate sponsors, no official website, no local or regional newspaper or TV promotions, not even the usual obligatory one-size-promotes-all beer banners with the name of the event emblazoned on a huge blank white spot.

Despite all the makings of what should be an unknown event, the Slimey Crud Café Racer Run in southern Wisconsin is attended twice each year, on the first Sunday in May and October, by riders from all over the country and routinely has participants from at least five states in the upper Midwest.

Its origins are nearly as murky as Stonehenge, dating back to the early Seventies, according to one of its co-founders, former Triumph/Bultaco/Matchless racer and current Triumph dealer Lyall Sharer. From humble beginnings, the event has become an organic thing that thrives on its own energy. At each gathering, it isn’t uncommon for anywhere from 1,000 to 3,000 machines to show up.

The Crud Run meanders across the scenic Wisconsin River valley from Pine Bluff in Dane county to Leland in Sauk County. The distance between the villages is less than 30 miles in a straight line, but the road mileage can vary from about 70 to, well, who knows? No specific route is prescribed, so the best way to go depends entirely on your imagination.

Despite the name, the event is not limited to the sheathed-in-plastic sport bike set. In fact, while there’s something for everybody in every class of bike, the event seems much more like a rolling vintage and classic bike show.

Flathead, knucklehead and panhead Harleys; TR-6, Daytona and Bonneville Triumphs; Lightning and Thunderbolt BSAs; Moto-Guzzi Falcone and 850 Le Mans, Ducati SS-900 and Diana, Norton Commando, Vincent Black Shadow, Munch Mammut, BMW, Velocette Venom, Royal Enfield, Indian Chief, Suzuki RE-5, Honda CB 77, Hondamatic, CBX; Laverda Jota, Kawasaki H1, two-stroke, four-stroke, rotary, flat-trackers, touring, choppers, bobbers, adventure bikes, rat bikes, to name but a few of the types, brands and models seen at recent Slimey Crud runs.

It’s a scene you really need to see to believe, and you can get some of the flavor by taking a quick tour of our photo gallery for pics of some of the unusual and great vintage machines that have turned out for recent Slimey Crud Runs.

Of course, there’s no substitute for being a part of the real thing, and fortunately you’ve got two shots at it every year. The dates for 2014 are Sunday, May 3rd, 2015 and Sunday, October 4th, 2015.

I am going.
    I have friends in Madison that turn the run into a 100+ mile ride.
    That turns it into a 500 mile day ride for me.
    You have to experience it at least once.
    Great time!

Great weather for the Crud Run!

Its supposed to be nearly 80 on sunday. I'll be there with a couple friends. One rides a Wing, the other a BMW. It is not a race or timed event, just fun. Come out for the ride!

I would say it would be nearly impossible to run into each other there,except we are on F6Bs,so finding the only 3 to show up should not be too difficult.

Change in plans,family stuff came up.
    Plan on going to the October run.

I'm thinking of taking my Valkyrie so only one F6B will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I'm thinking of taking my Valkyrie so only one F6B will be there.
    I will be on my F6B!!!!😀😀

It was nice to run into you Todd.
    I saw one other F6B there. It was a new blue one, nice color.
    The weather was great and way too many people.
    It wasn't to bad in Pine Buff. But once we got to Leland it was crowded the police shut the town down there was no place to park. You could hardly walk on the street way too many people and bikes for a town that's only two blocks long. We stayed long enough to eat, look at a few bikes and get out of there. We were 3 hours from home and they were talking about some rain coming. Great start to the year it was 380 mile around trip.
    Sorry no pictures left the camera at home.