CycleGear FREE Heated Jacket Liner Controller

Thread: CycleGear FREE Heated Jacket Liner Controller

CycleGear FREE Heated Jacket Liner Controller

Since my old Gerbing heated jacket liner "shrunk" after almost a decade of use, I picked up a new Hotwired heated jacket liner at CycleGear today. I like the longer fit of the Hotwired brand. Will see how it compares to the old Gerbing.

Their promotion includes a free 5 level (off, low, med, high, max) controller (normally $60 by itself).

I like the material at the end of the sleeves. My Gerbing does not have that. I hate how things "shrink" over the years!

Ride safe,
    Pikester

Quote Originally Posted by pikester View Post
    I like the material at the end of the sleeves. My Gerbing does not have that. I hate how things "shrink" over the years!

Ride safe,
    Pikester
    My old Gerbing had the same sleeves as these. Gerbing has changed hands and changed designs over the years.

Hopefully, it will unshrink with time.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    My old Gerbing had the same sleeves as these. Gerbing has changed hands and changed designs over the years.

Hopefully, it will unshrink with time.
    Yes and NO !!!!

Gerbing is a SPONSOR of this forum, their NEW Name is Gordon's , SEE home page .....

http://gordonsheated.com

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Yes and NO !!!!

Gerbing is a SPONSOR of this forum, their NEW Name is Gordon's , SEE home page .....

http://gordonsheated.com
    There are 2 Gerbing lines now. There was a split in the company. I believe Gordon's were the original founders.

"... We, the Gerbing family, once again are running a small family business, confident of the quality of our jacket liners. We are glad to report that we have been able to assemble virtually the same team of quality sewers that Gordon employed to sew thousands of liners, back when he owned his original company. Now we once again have our experienced people, with more jobs returned to America along with the high level of quality and Gordon's lifetime warranty. ..."

https://www.gerbing.com

Gordon's heated deer hide gloves look interesting. Hope they are at the IMS show next week.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    There are 2 Gerbing lines now. There was a split in the company. I believe Gordon's were the original founders.

https://www.gerbing.com
    Gerbing SOLD to a large conglomerate years ago, the new owners moved their American manufacturing to China. Supposedly the quality has suffered.

Gordon Gerbing and his Family restarted their business a few years ago under the new name GORDON'S
    All of their products are manufactured here in the USA

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Gerbing SOLD to a large conglomerate years ago, the new owners moved their American manufacturing to China. Supposedly the quality has suffered.

Gordon Gerbing and his Family restarted their business a few years ago under the new name GORDON'S
    All of their products are manufactured here in the USA
    Glad to see they are reviving their products. I bought one of Gordon's controllers a while back and the girl on the phone tried explaining about the 2 companies. She wasn't clear on the details of the split/sale/acquisition, just they were the original owners starting back up again. I would assume if they sold the company, it included some non-compete clause for some length of time. Hope they regain their market share.

Since my old Gerbing heated jacket liner "shrunk" after almost a decade of use, I picked up a new Hotwired heated jacket liner at CycleGear today. I like the longer fit of the Hotwired brand. Will see how it compares to the old Gerbing.

Their promotion includes a free 5 level (off, low, med, high, max) controller (normally $60 by itself).

The Cyclegear brand was my first heated anything and I'm on my second season with it and love it. Plus, lifetime warranty? How do you beat that..

I'm looking forward to hearing a review from you since you have experience with other heated gear and can compare.

Jason

Cycle Gear Quality Opinions?

What do you guys think about the quality of this Cycle Gear's own brand's stuff? Like Bilt for example?