I see a lot of Donors! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I see a lot of Donors!

Here's the picture of my helmet after my last week's crash. A guy in the pickup truck cut me off. Was thrown up in the air doing 70-75 MPH, back of helmet took the major brunt. I honked at the truck but it was too late and he ran away.

IMG_0001.jpg

Stepped on some toes did I!

Its alright and yes what you choose for yourself is fine by me. I am a little old school and believe in doing everything possible to maintain this life to the best of my ability.
    but it happens in a split second, on the way home today going thru a busy intersection, on the green light, this woman with cell phone in hand stopped a foot from the door of my little GMC Sonoma 4x4. she blew thru her red light talking on the phone. I was glad I was in the truck going by her front end at about 40 miles per hour in the north end of Cadillac's 5 lane main street. So even as aware as I have always been she would have hit me if she had not found her brakes in time, her whole car was well into the intersection as I was in the second lane over from the curb lane

I did not say I don't wear a Helmet. What I said was its my right to not wear one . No man no matter his beliefs should ever dictate to others as to whether they should or should not wear a Helmet unless the rider is a Minor. Of course one has to obey various States Laws....To me an"Organ Donner" is the yahoo usually a younger rider who rides crotch rockets 150 mph while doing a wheelie. You know the type...or speeds in traffic or school zones etc..... To each his own on the Helmet Issue................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Dang after reading all this I'm so shaken up that I am going to put on my helmet and strap myself into my Lazy Boy cause after a few cold ones and some shots I might fall down-LOL.Getting back to the subject here I have been hearing from Family,Doctors for 50+ years how the Murdercycles I have been riding are going to kill me.Life is a risk from the day you are born and if you want to wear a helmet or not is that riders choice.I live in Nevada and have to wear one so I do but wish I had the choice not to also.Now stay safe out here and watch out for those nasty cagers.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I may be wrong but I think it should be up to the rider. Personally I am atgatt. But that's just me. Sometime my wife don't want to wear a coat so she can work on her tan. I don't argue. It's her life. The states that get me are the ones that require seat belts but dont require helmets. After you are 18 it should be your choice. By the way I always wear my seat belt. Big brother has too many regulations. Let people make their own decisions.
    States with seat belt laws but not helmet laws.......beyond ignant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Helmet usage part of risk management, the best risk managers keep riding and usually avoid donation rooms.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I see a lot of organ donors up here in Michigan since they cancelled the helmet law!
    I know it your own personal preference now but with the statistics saying 70% of people that dies in motorcycle accidents would have lived had they been wearing a helmet. Why take the risk? I would never get on a bike without a helmet, at least give yourself a chance at life, I understand kids riding with tank tops, short shorts, and flip flops, their 10 foot tall and bullitt proof but us old guys definitely know the risks. I'll leave this earth one of these days but I don't want to make it any shorter than necessary!
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I say you mind your business I'll mind my business. If I desire to not wear a helmet that is my right. I had a very good friend and riding companion who always wore a full coverage helmet and used to give me a hard time for not wearing a helmet....Well he's dead and gone because his helmet broke his neck.. I'm still riding taking my chances which is my right. You say why take the risk? I say mind your own freaking business!............................Dickie
    Where in here is he "telling" anyone to wear a helmet? He voicing his opinion. I say he's right, you say he's wrong....nothing wrong with helmet talk. At least it makes people think when they hear true stories....either way.

shooter
    I understand both sides of this debate. I'm like Dickie , I don't want anybody telling me what I have to do. After age 18 it should be your own choice. I also understand Duke and why he is so adamant about wearing your gear. If , like Duke , you have had a life altering accident , and your gear saved you , then you want to help others to understand how your gear can make a difference. Guys like Duke are only trying to help. It is good sound advice. Nobody has to listen but just remember they are just trying to help. Both sides have merit.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I understand both sides of this debate. I'm like Dickie , I don't want anybody telling me what I have to do. After age 18 it should be your own choice. I also understand Duke and why he is so adamant about wearing your gear. If , like Duke , you have had a life altering accident , and your gear saved you , then you want to help others to understand how your gear can make a difference. Guys like Duke are only trying to help. It is good sound advice. Nobody has to listen but just remember they are just trying to help. Both sides have merit.
    Wow, you must be a Politician, you are correct everyone has opinions and you know what they say about opinions....There are times gear can save you, and times it can kill you. Having ridden Motorcycles professionally in my youth I understand this. I like to be comfortable riding my bike and I accept the risks. Its my pumpkin and I'll do with it as I see fit. Every day in life you are one day closer to death. Know one lives forever. As the title says ,I must be an Organ Donor , I can live with that, Say what you must, I'll wear what I wear and ya'll (Southern for you all ) can say what you like .. Looking forward to meeting all you guys.......................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

opinions are like a$$holes ({*})

I often wonder why folks will offer their "opinion" with such conviction on the internet, and yet won't speak to others in person in the same way. I for example, have long held beliefs about everything. They are all well thought out opinions and are the most correct opinion in the world..... I have the choice to engage, or not.
    So in short, I'm right, you're wrong, and that's it. That being said, I don't have to tell you about them! so, live and let live means mind your own. don't care and nothing but MY experience can change my mind.

I just had it out with a door to door religion salesman and i'm a little wound up. Ended with " we got our own brand of crazy, don't need yours"