I was going to ride today

Thread: I was going to ride today

I was going to ride today

Wow! Talk about your heat wave it was 98 degrees in Traverse City today, Glad I had an air conditioned car instead. You walk out of any air conditioned builder and it was like getting hit with a baseball bat at the door. High humidity and lots of temperature. There would have been no way to get cool behind that fairing today that is for sure. Just way to hot to enjoy a ride on the motorcycle.

Baker Hand Wings II work. It's hot but never to hot to enjoy a 20-30 minute jaunt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

You get used to it...or just bear it. If we southerners didn't ride in upper 90s with crazy high humidity, our bikes would be parked from April thru September. Just ride...and be thankful you aren't snowed in.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

shooter
    Stro is tough as nails Dog. When we were kids our moms used to make us stand in front of the oven while they were baking. Stros mom used to crack the door a little on us. We didn't let it slow us down. When we was 3 years old we were the badazz kids on the block.

Night time is the only time....go out after dinner !!! Or better yet RTE !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

It's 100 here routinely in the summer. And I very greatly dislike the heat. My husband bought me one of these things http://wingstuff.com/products/33215-...e-cooling-vest and today is my first day riding to work in over a month. It sure felt good coming in this morning, but I'll know in about an hour how it felt going home this afternoon when it IS 100. My ride is an hour each way in stop and go traffic. I usually ride daily, until it gets this hot. Now maybe I can stand more heat too.

HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by radi0chik View Post
    It's 100 here routinely in the summer. And I very greatly dislike the heat. My husband bought me one of these things http://wingstuff.com/products/33215-...e-cooling-vest and today is my first day riding to work in over a month. It sure felt good coming in this morning, but I'll know in about an hour how it felt going home this afternoon when it IS 100. My ride is an hour each way in stop and go traffic. I usually ride daily, until it gets this hot. Now maybe I can stand more heat too.
    heat is definitely a problem with us old guys as we're more than half dried out already and then Mother Nature turns up the heat and it seems sometimes no amount of water compensates for the high heat and humidity here in Michigan. Its just not enjoyable when it gets up there and its the same when the temperature goes down, being trussed up like Nanook of the North doesn't make for an enjoyable ride either. I was a lot more tolerant of weather changes when I was 22 but that was many moons ago!

It was in the 90's this weekend, but it had been weeks since I've been out for a ride, so my wife and I just dealt with it. Had fun and found some new curves too.