First of all, None of the advice that I have supplied is my own. I have collected it from various sources over the years I have taken riding schools, road racing schools, and spent years riding sport bikes and a few years road racing bikes. All the information is available to you and it is cheap and easy information. The problem with it is; it is worthless without practice! If you want to learn to ride at a quicker pace, then ask someone to coach you and listen to what the have to say. I have taught a lot of folks the proper technique for going around corners. I have had some not so good results with those who followed and said they knew how to ride. I do not go fast on the straight a ways, especially in the mountains, It takes a lot of practice to figure out how fast you can approach a corner and navigate though it. There are also several different techniques for taking a corner, and several different factors that could dictate which method is best at that moment. It all goes back to one of the statements that I made in an earlier post. Situational awareness. Conditions change, sometimes in moments. If you want to challenge yourself, Learn your bike, be comfortable, downshifting and using the front brake. Be comfortable leaning the bike over and be smooth! Enjoy, be safe. be smart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jb6FIzx-A