Year differences and a 49 state bike?

Thread: Year differences and a 49 state bike?

Year differences and a 49 state bike?

Hi all, new guy, not an owner yet. F6B is at top of my list, as momma wants a comfy bike (Road Kind is 2nd and FJR1300 is a distant 3rd, too sporty for her). Not interested in a full size GW.

Anyway a couple questions:

Are there any differences over the years to make one more desirable? (ie the FJR1300 went to six speed in 2016).

Is the paint still an issue, and if so are the matt silver (grey) and white 2016 a problem too?

Is there a 49 state/CA version, or are they all 50 state bikes?

Any info appreciated, as I could not find answers using search.

Quote Originally Posted by aquamark View Post
    Hi all, new guy, not an owner yet. F6B is at top of my list, as momma wants a comfy bike (Road Kind is 2nd and FJR1300 is a distant 3rd, too sporty for her). Not interested in a full size GW.

Are there any differences over the years to make one more desirable? (ie the FJR1300 went to six speed in 2016).

Is the paint still an issue, and if so are the matt silver (grey) and white 2016 a problem too?

The main difference is in 2015 they added cruise control.
    The matt finishes are much easier to take care of.
    That in a nut shell is what is going on.
    I think the California bikes may have a different tune, I don't live there cant speak to that.

Quote Originally Posted by aquamark View Post

No comparison between the Harley and the F6B...Honda is faster, smoother, handles better, more reliable, and better comfort with few a mods..Seat change, aftermarket windshield, and your good to go...And you'll save some "mega bucks"....Some have had some paint issues on earlier models others have not...Anything after 2014 is fine....A no brainer for me. Don't know about 49/50 state thing...California issues are "stupid" IMHO

Once the Feds told all the states they were adapting Calif more restrictive smog regs all Honda's are 50 state compliant. There are no Calif. (50 state) or 49 state differences like found on the older VTX1800 (A or AC designation on parts numbers) and older Goldwing.
    There is NO 49 state F6B!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Model differences

Had I known then what I know now I would try to buy a 2015 or later Canadian model. They come with all the bells and whistles plus anti lock brakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]