Historically speaking...Polictical - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Historically speaking...Polictical

I wear this patch on my vest.

Attachment 6615

The war over religion will never end because every religion believes that all others are wrong and going to hell.

“Religion is for people who're afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who've already been there.”

+1...Very Good Bobby !!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post

Attachment 6615

The war over religion will never end because every religion believes that all others are wrong and going to hell.

“Religion is for people who're afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who've already been there.”
    That's pretty sad actually, Bobby. It's not far off from these kind of statements:

"Everything I need to know about women I learned from that bitch who dumped me."
    "Everything I need to know about black people I learned from Michael Vick."
    "Everything I need to know about Germans I learned from the Nazis."
    "Everything I need to know about Jews I learned from the Liberty incident."
    "Everything I need to know about gays I learned watching a pride parade in San Francisco."
    "Everything I need to know about Mexicans I learned from the guy who stole my car."
    "Everything I need to know about Christians I learned from the freaks who killed abortion doctors."
    "Everything I need to know about Democrats I learned from Monica Lewinsky."
    "Everything I need to know about Republicans I learned from the Iraq invasion."

I could go on. Come on... in America we are better than this.

George W. Bush would reject this kind of thinking:

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archiv...dan/islam.html

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."

-Remarks by President George W. Bush in a statement to reporters during a meeting with U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
    The Oval Office, Washington, DC
    November 13, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    That's pretty sad actually, Bobby. It's not far off from these kind of statements:

"Everything I need to know about women I learned from that bitch who dumped me."
    "Everything I need to know about black people I learned from Michael Vick."
    "Everything I need to know about Germans I learned from the Nazis."
    "Everything I need to know about Jews I learned from the Liberty incident."
    "Everything I need to know about gays I learned watching a pride parade in San Francisco."
    "Everything I need to know about Mexicans I learned from the guy who stole my car."
    "Everything I need to know about Christians I learned from the freaks who killed abortion doctors."
    "Everything I need to know about Democrats I learned from Monica Lewinsky."
    "Everything I need to know about Republicans I learned from the Iraq invasion."

I could go on. Come on... in America we are better than this.
    WELL SAID

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    George W. Bush would reject this kind of thinking:

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archiv...dan/islam.html

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."

-Remarks by President George W. Bush in a statement to reporters during a meeting with U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
    The Oval Office, Washington, DC
    November 13, 2002
    When you learn the fallacy of "peaceful religion" I hope it isn't too late.

Quote Originally Posted by hoglaw View Post
    When you learn the fallacy of "peaceful religion" I hope it isn't too late.
    Your right let's ban all religion.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post

Attachment 6615

+2

shooter
    There is never a winner in a conversation like this. Steve spoke the truth in his post. Has everyone forgotten about the hundreds of people killed in the towers? How about the fact they attacked our Pentagon. Should we turn the other cheek? NOT! That's what a lot of people want to do. It's not about Muslims or any other religion. People are always quick to take offense to someone that was upset about Americans being murdered on American soil. You should get mad. That is the proper feelings to have. Everyone is worried about hurting someone's feelings. If you ask the families of those people that lost loved one's in the Tower's they would tell you about hurt feelings. We should never forget or forgive. I'm an American. I worry about and care about Americans. Like Toby Keith says, everyone else can kiss my azz.