Laid it down !!!

Thread: Laid it down !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Do not quite see your rationale in going from a Victory, which is almost 100lbs. lighter than the F6B, to a bike you seem not to be able to handle very well...I think the above post is somewhat right and maybe you should consider a smaller bike that you can handle without having to add a lot of aftermarket stuff, costing several hundreds of dollars, to satisfy your needs...Regards and I hope you fine a solution that works for you....
    There is a major difference betwn Vic Cross country and F6b. It was not the weight but it was the reach that was a problem for me on victory. At first I switched the handlebars to 2" pullback and then to 3" pullback. And yet It was not comfortable for me. According to my calculation I wud have needed somewhere about 4 to 4.5" pullbacks to get it right. But by then I had lost all the fun with that bike. Problem was I bought victory without a test ride.

I think with 1" lower progressive monotubes and mustang seat I'll be in good shape with F6b.

You must have really short arms and a very short inseam??..I am 5'9" with a 29"inseam and do not remember having an issue with the bars on the 3 Victory bikes I had...Kingpin, XC, and Vision Tour. Seat height was fine except for the Vision and I installed the 8-ball seat which was 1" lower..I still help out at the Indian and Victory demo rides with the local club here and have ridden every model and style of bike that Polaris makes with no bar distance issues...I know some have installed risers on the F6B, but I have not and do not intend to...I do have the 1"lower Mustang seat which works great for me....Good luck on your choices and I hope they work for you....Riding a bike that your not comfortable with is not the way to enjoy riding!!!