Did you wet your Ultimate?

Thread: Did you wet your Ultimate?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My seat is a bit slick as well so I expect it was treated with something. I will contact Ultimate about getting a cover but was curious about some of your actual experiences.

There is no room between the seat and the bike to slip the cover under...it was incredibly frustrating. I want to figure out something for when I travel and leave it parked overnight...that dew can get pretty heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    There is no room between the seat and the bike to slip the cover under...it was incredibly frustrating. I want to figure out something for when I travel and leave it parked overnight...that dew can get pretty heavy!
    If you have done the "two washers" trick on the front catch of your Ultimate seat; there is room to coax the front of the Ultimate seat's rain cover so it's secured between the front of the seat and the tank. Been there, done it.

The tight spot that I have found is the rear of the Ultimate seat; due to the OEM backrest and luggage rack (if you have one). You can still push the seat cover adequately enough into that area and though it won't completely stretch around the back of the seat; it's enough for protection.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Yes, and if you try to force it, the cover rips.
    I tried to install my ride on rain cover only for the purpose of learning how to install it...... and I ripped the cover trying to get it between the front of the seat and the bike.
    I haven't contacted Ultimate about it because I'm not sure I'll ever need it. I am a fair weather rider
    Riding the upward spiral.