New Bassani F6B Exhaust
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bassani F6B Exhaust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I went to CruiserCustomizing's web site and looked at their picture of the exhaust and it looks like there could be a slight gap in the photo.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ba...art/BASS-2F17T

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Photo-shopped. (Not uncommon)
    IMHO, there will be a gap as part of their design. Would be preferred to be minimal/equal.

I am of the same opinion. If it's by design that is fine, but as stated both minimal and equal.

Ok, I communicated with Kurt at Bassani yesterday regarding this issue. He received the pictures and immediately saw the issue. He stated however that he will not be able to fix this issue until the end of the month since his R&D guy is in Australia and will not be back until the 28th. He will then need to get a bike in to test fit the mufflers and identify the issue. He stated he would send me a corrected set once they find a resolution. I will call him after the first of April to check status. Until then he said to just leave the pipes on and ride, which is exactly what I plan to do.

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    Ok, I communicated with Kurt at Bassani yesterday regarding this issue. He received the pictures and immediately saw the issue. He stated however that he will not be able to fix this issue until the end of the month since his R&D guy is in Australia and will not be back until the 28th. He will then need to get a bike in to test fit the mufflers and identify the issue. He stated he would send me a corrected set once they find a resolution. I will call him after the first of April to check status. Until then he said to just leave the pipes on and ride, which is exactly what I plan to do.
    If you would, please keep us updated on how you like these pipes. I'm very interested in getting a set! Take care and ride safe!

I certainly will. Other than this gap issue, which at this point I firmly believe will be corrected, I am extremely pleased with the product.

I thought I noticed the gap(s) on some other photos I saw for these pipes and was worried about same. Please certainly keep us informed as I am looking to purchase these pipes in a few weeks from now! Thanks for a good written detail of your experience with the Bassini Exhaust units.
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

My one Bassani look

I also like the bassani pipes, but I do not understand why they uses 4" pipes. So I made my own in 4.5" pipes to avoid the gap between the pipes and the heat shield.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Sorry guys, but 3 months of this drama is getting old. It is obvious that the manufacturer could care less if they sell to the F6B Owners or not. Not interested in promoting a dead horse.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
    Hey Indiatango,

Any new word from Kurt at Bassini yet? We impatient ones are sitting here nervously waiting an update!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson