Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
This is day two, not sold on it so far. I knew there would be an adjustment period however, this CT feels squishy. It is a Michelin X-ICE XI3 XL. Yesterday I tried it at 42 PSI, it didn't look quite right but this tire is extremely soft. Last night I dug thru the forum and found pictures of a similar tire that was a RF and I bumped up my pressure today to 46 to get a similar appearance. Still didn't look quite right so I took it to the 50 psi max. It looked better but still feels squishy. This particular tire may just be to soft to use on a bike. Anyone have some insight that may help me with this?
What made you decide on the Michelin X-ICE XI3 XL? Are other Goldwingers/F6B'rs running that tire?

Don't go by appearance of the tire while static (other than tread wear). The tire is going to slightly deform when going into a turn; but if you put too much air into it; it will not deform (meaning flex the sidewall to keep enough tread on the pavement) and you will end up riding on the edge/sidewall of the tire.

Bob109 runs non-run flats, as do others. Hopefully he'll chime in shortly with his experiences with the non-run flats.

My only experience so far has been with run flat C/T's which take much less air pressure; compared to what you are running.

Do not give up yet... you need to find that sweet spot (psi) for your weight w/ the tire. As far as the felt sensation goes; yes it can be felt different in comparison to a motorcycle tire. When I was down in Woodstock; Ga a few months ago getting my Traxxion installed; the tech there took my bike out for a spin first and came back remarking "this is the first time I rode a dark side and almost didn't seem to know it was there..."

But I have a run flat... the variable between mine and your tire is going to be the respective air pressure. Find it.