American Made Motorcycle you should know about. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Made Motorcycle you should know about.

Can' hold a candle to that Matte Silver bike

What do you think Stro, would you throw almost 40 grand at that bike if you had cubic dollars to spend? You could buy 2 F6B's for that price.

If a person has $$$, like Jay Leno, then go for it. It's too much $$$ for me. Besides, I think the 6, is still better looking.

The styling is so - so, but it sounds great and probably hauls ass.. I'd like to see some actual performance numbers. One thing that may hinder sales is the chain drive. As a "GT" bike, a shaft may have been more popular with the type of guy who's going to buy it. I'm thinking K1300S type of buyer; although BMW hasn't sold a pile of those either! I wish them luck and hope to see one soon. Maybe at the motorcycle show in the new year...

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    What do you think Stro, would you throw almost 40 grand at that bike if you had cubic dollars to spend? You could buy 2 F6B's for that price.

Not a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    https://youtu.be/SNkIvO0eFIw

Jay Leno did a review of these bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    Made right here in my home state Alabama!

http://motusmotorcycles.com/american-v4

I test rode one of these beauties - wished the pegs/controls for my feet were slightly forward and it would have been a done deal.

enjoy.
    Thanks for this, I wasn't even aware of Motus...Nice bike, & fantastic performance numbers - 180hp, 127 ft/lbs torque.

Too much $$$ for me, but have to give a lot of credit to the guys from Alabama

Big price tag can be justified by a few things - outright performance/technology, build quality/components, pedigree/history or simply exclusivity/niche. Only one of those is a given at this point. What usually brings a small manufacturer down is economy of scale.. they simply can't sell enough, early enough, to cover their higher cost of production. These guys are trying to pay for all of their R+D, tooling, distribution etc etc with a 2 bike line up. Compare that to a new model that Honda introduces (like the new CBR). A tough hill to climb. So you get a machine that may be equal to the big manufacturers, but costs so much more that only the dedicated (or wealthy) few will pony up the extra money. Hopefully, as Jay says, they are the real deal and can ramp up production. Maybe we'll all be on the "Motus Bagger' site in a few years...

Very interesting and thanks for sharing. I can only describe it as a 'power cruiser' and therefore it would be a limited use bike. If you are in a position to stock the garage and pick & choose which bike you feel like riding it would be a good choice. Also supports a small American manufacturer, so a good thing there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    Big price tag can be justified by a few things - outright performance/technology, build quality/components, pedigree/history or simply exclusivity/niche. Only one of those is a given at this point. What usually brings a small manufacturer down is economy of scale.. they simply can't sell enough, early enough, to cover their higher cost of production. These guys are trying to pay for all of their R+D, tooling, distribution etc etc with a 2 bike line up. Compare that to a new model that Honda introduces (like the new CBR). A tough hill to climb. So you get a machine that may be equal to the big manufacturers, but costs so much more that only the dedicated (or wealthy) few will pony up the extra money. Hopefully, as Jay says, they are the real deal and can ramp up production. Maybe we'll all be on the "Motus Bagger' site in a few years...
    Well said I don't think some people understand how many dollars go into R&D when developing a total package like this and then getting thru all the expensive Govt. hoops needed to certify.I applaud these guys for getting this all done.As Jay said they are not in this to get rich it is a labor of love.We have a dealer here in Reno,NV might have to check one out.I really dig that V four design and impressed by the Horsepower,torque ratings.Bet it hauls arss.

I wish them the best of luck.
    However, I don't find the bike aesthetically pleasing at all.
    Saw it in person.
    I wanted to like it - just didn't happen.
    And, my checkbook cannot support that.

Now if Jay Leno wants to buy me one? I'll probably let him....

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I believe in supporting USA-made products, to a point. When those products are competitive in price and performance, the nod will definitely go American. My last "nod" went German, however. My BMW S1000XR has 160 hp, Brembo brakes, electronic suspension, electronic quick shifting, and all that for half the cost of the Motus. It's way too much fun.
    Ken (Hornblower)