Decal strip on 40 Aniv. Gold wing

Thread: Decal strip on 40 Aniv. Gold wing

Decal strip on 40 Aniv. Gold wing

I have the red color and saw a two tone 40 Aniv. Gold wing with a wide decal strip separating the colors. I would like to use this stip on mine to give it more pop as far as the color. I contacted my dealer and he wants $850.00 for the decal. Does anyone know where to get one a lot cheaper or another type decal that would separate the paint colors.

Jerry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbird03 View Post
    I have the red color and saw a two tone 40 Aniv. Gold wing with a wide decal strip separating the colors. I would like to use this stip on mine to give it more pop as far as the color. I contacted my dealer and he wants $850.00 for the decal. Does anyone know where to get one a lot cheaper or another type decal that would separate the paint colors.

Jerry
    That price is atrocious . And I thought HD stuff is made of unobtanium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbird03 View Post

Jerry

May I have the part # for THE item you are looking for? Thanks.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Why not just get a pinstriper to paint some kind stripe on it. There are some very talented painter's out there.

I dented the tank on my VTX 1800 Spec 3 Model C

It was the one that was the black bike with the factory flame decals. the tank was $1580 from the stealer. When I looked into painting the tank and replacing the decals, I found it was 4 separate decals for a total cost of over $800. Flo at Progressive was kind enough to pay me for the tank less my $500 deductable and I repainted the whole bike.

Yes, Honda does prize their OEM decals. Legalized robbery IMHO. Where else you gonna get it?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]