Your summer riding jackets - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your summer riding jackets

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. I am going to try the Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3. They claim it a 3 season jacket and has minimal advertising. We only have 2 seasons in Houston, hot and freakin miserable hot. So I will give it a shot. Thanks again for all of the suggestions. As hiflyer said I may end up with a closet full of jackets before leaving for Franklin.

Cheers friends.
    Stro,
    did you get your Alter Ego 3 jacket? Black and Gray right?

I've had that jacket for a couple years now. I like it a lot. Very versatile for all riding conditions. Like 114 degree temp here in Blythe, to rainy weather I ran into going to SD a couple weeks ago.

I just ordered the Ego 2, matching pants. I hope to like them just as much. I have done a lot of research on riding pants and ended up with ordering these.

My research concluded that, although there are many different types of pants to choose from, my short inseam limited my choices.
    I almost ordered the Scorpion Trey pants but I believe they would have been to long for me.

So, did you get the Ego 3 ?

Four layer depending.

Bohn armor
    Some kind of shirt depending
    Hoodie (Also armored)
    Rain jacket

In other words no traditional jacket whatsoever.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Am I the only one that wears a sleeveless tee?
    No your not. Me too

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Stro,
    did you get your Alter Ego 3 jacket? Black and Gray right?

I've had that jacket for a couple years now. I like it a lot. Very versatile for all riding conditions. Like 114 degree temp here in Blythe, to rainy weather I ran into going to SD a couple weeks ago.

I just ordered the Ego 2, matching pants. I hope to like them just as much. I have done a lot of research on riding pants and ended up with ordering these.

My research concluded that, although there are many different types of pants to choose from, my short inseam limited my choices.
    I almost ordered the Scorpion Trey pants but I believe they would have been to long for me.

So, did you get the Ego 3 ?
    I did sir. I am still adjusting to it but I am a fan of the jacket. I mounted my Baker Hand Wings this weekend so I will see how they help with ventilation. Summer is here in Houston and it's hot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

First let me say that it is important not to scrimp on riding gear. You need comfortable, versatile, safe gear. It is OK to buy on sale but I feel you need to buy quality.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned http://www.motorcyclegear.com (this is my go to deal place / look for closeouts)
    I have found that they have the best sales. I watch weekly and pick out what I would like to have and then wait to see if it goes on sale.

I like Scorpion for jackets (quality /reasonable price) and Dainese for pants (comfort / high price). I have found from personal experience riding all year round almost daily that both are good quality. Dainese is the top of the line pretty much. They raise there own cows and have a special treatment for the leather which makes the softest pants I have ever worn. Alien Pele $499.00 and worth every penny. I liked the pants so much that I went out and got the vented mesh pants. I had to drive to Chicago to see their store. I ordered the leather pants through cycle gear / they will let you try them on and if they don't fit you can get a different size. (you won't find much of a sale on Dainese)

I have 3 Scorpion jackets 2 perforated leather (always get the perforated leather and use a liner when needed) and a mesh all 3 can be used with or without a liner for warmth or rain). You can wear the leather with a over rain jacket when cold out or the mesh with a liner under when hot out.

I always find a deal on Scorpion if I wait.

I am a little nuts about my riding gear.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I did sir. I am still adjusting to it but I am a fan of the jacket. I mounted my Baker Hand Wings this weekend so I will see how they help with ventilation. Summer is here in Houston and it's hot!
    Yes, do tell, your review of the Baker Hand Wings. They may be worth looking into.

Dainese Light Wave Jacket

I recommend the Dainese Light Wave Mesh Jacket for hot weather riding. You can throw a long sleeve shirt or light windbreaker over it or an extra large long sleeve t-shirt or you can just wear it au-naturel like Batman

ATGATT moto: "Prepare to ride - Prepare to slide."

Dainese-light-wave-jacket-back.jpgDainese-light-wave-jacket-front.jpg

Joe Rocket Goldwing Mesh Jacket

I wear this one. It fits great, comes with armor in shoulders, elbows and back, air goes thru it all, and has a Goldwing Logo on the back. I have added F6B logo on front from our Steve. Love the jacket and it looks great with my Bilt mesh pants. It looks like this:

Attachment 18879Attachment 18880
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

shooter
    Luke is right. I have this same coat without the Goldwing logo. Joe Rocket fits true to size and quality is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I wear this one. It fits great, comes with armor in shoulders, elbows and back, air goes thru it all, and has a Goldwing Logo on the back. I have added F6B logo on front from our Steve. Love the jacket and it looks great with my Bilt mesh pants. It looks like this:

Attachment 18879Attachment 18880
    I like this jacket. I do need a summer mesh. Here we go again....mo money
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.