I have a therory on the low oil in the rear diff...........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a therory on the low oil in the rear diff...........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anything is possible I guess, but my suspicion would be laziness on all fronts?

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Anything is possible I guess, but my suspicion would be laziness on all fronts?
    Yep, no doubt about that too.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

One thing is for sure and that is that Larry's mind never has any down time. You keep this site pretty interesting at all times and I always look forward to your posts.
    thanks

shooter
    Larry , I think you have too much time on your hands. That was a reach right there. You need to ride more.

My wag is they source the final drives from another company and that company is either restricted on how much of that type of fluid can be shipped and or, they just put in a minimal amount to save them money? They probably have a very low failure rate. And, Honda figures they will catch it at first service. That's my guess..
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    My wag is they source the final drives from another company and that company is either restricted on how much of that type of fluid can be shipped and or, they just put in a minimal amount to save them money? Honda figures they will catch it at first service. That's my guess..
    And a damn good guess as any IMO

Honda may be doing this and thinking the dealerships are actually adding the other 2 ozs.
    I was one of the lucky ones that the dealer actually checked mine during pre delivery.
    By the posts complaining about the oil being low, a dealer actually checking it and topping it off must be a rarity.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Larry , I think you have too much time on your hands. That was a reach right there. You need to ride more.
    Sure it was a reach, but it was something that has been bugging me and I just needed to look at it in another way Hehe which I did.
    I rode 92 miles this AM for breakfast in Santa Barbara and 92 back to home for lunch, got my new Rune picked up and shipped from North Port AL. will have it in 10 days so moving things in shop the rest of the day getting ready. I try and ride every day. At my age there is not enough time.

Thats not always true

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Sure it was a reach, but it was something that has been bugging me and I just needed to look at it in another way Hehe which I did.
    I rode 92 miles this AM for breakfast in Santa Barbara and 92 back to home for lunch, got my new Rune picked up and shipped from North Port AL. will have it in 10 days so moving things in shop the rest of the day getting ready. I try and ride every day. At my age there is not enough time.
    The way I look at it Larry is there is always time for a ride until the last one! Its getting closer by the minute for us old guys. I live each day like its my last one! One day I will get it right.

Low Rear Diff

I just got my bike back from its 8,000 mile service and my rear diff was over 2oz low. Defiantly an issue at hand.