Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Why not do a Fly n' Ride? Have your dealer make contact with his distributor in the lower states...pick the bike up down here...and ride it back home.

Why wait for it to be shipped up to Alaska ? With all those 53 years of riding, you are more than capable of riding the bike from Washington State up to Alaska. Most likely that is where it will be shipped from...Washington State.

If that does not work for you...then I will offer to pick the bike up in Washington State, where I live, and deliver it to you in Alaska. I have ridden around AK many times on bikes.
Hello Miles, and thank you for the kind offer. Good to be here and meet and greet. The same local dealer that sells H-D's sells Hondas, so it's got to stay an in-house deal on the trade/sale. Plus I expect they want to do the setup and ride some to see how they differ from the regular GW's. As far as I know, there's none in this part of AK yet. None have been sold locally.

You're right about the ride up, great fun, fantastic country...unfortunately for me my new passport hasn't arrived yet (misplaced it or dog ate it, so no Canada travel), and who knows when with Sequester. Right now they'll check for availability next Tuesday, then we'll go from there. As you know there's many GW and BMW travelers up here during the summer. Personally I think BC is more scenic, but that's after 48 yrs in Alaska flying, boating, driving, and hiking about all over.

I owned a 2012 GW for a while, we really liked it, but found it too top heavy with the wife on at age 67 for me. Now with the lower CG F6B I'm looking forward to another Wing Ding.