Reasonable Offer for new F6B/Deluxe - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Offer for new F6B/Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
    I would appreciate any input on a deal I've secured, but haven't signed the paperwork yet. I'm primarily undecided because the bike is technically 4 model years old, although it was just taken out of the crate a month ago.

2013 F6B Standard $13,200 + $250 Doc Fee + $890 Tax = $14,340 out the door
    The dealer was also able to get 60 or 72 months financing through American Honda Finance at 5.99% with no prepayment penalty.

I'm wondering how many 2015 models are left out there unsold and if Honda will discount them as much as they did on the '13 and '14 models? I'm thinking if I wait another 6 months I might possibly be able to get a '15 with cruise for $14,500? I'm guessing Honda slowed down production on the '15 and '16 models since they were left with so many '14 and '14's leftover.

The other crazy thing is I purchased a new '13 F6B in May of 2015 for $12,999 but it was sold by the dealer as a demo model. I've regretted my decision to sell it ever since its been gone and want another F6B. It also looks like Honda is no longer making this bike after 2016?

What do you guys think? Should I buy the '13 now or wait? Thanks
    That's a tough call.....unless you have your heart set on "Red" and the bike is in fact red. That was the only year they came in red.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen others get, for ~$1k more, a 2015 with cruise and the revised 4th & 5th gears in the transmission.
    If color doesn't really matter, the matte finish did away with a lot of the paint issues as well.
    Of course, many of us spent >$18k on ours.....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

This is why the used market is so interesting to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122302117018

This is a 2013 with only 4200 miles on it.
    Already has an aftermarket Electronic Cruise Control installed.
    Cee Bailey and Factory Windscreens.

$10,200 and accepting offers.
    This one is another screamin' deal that I would have jumped on.
    Plus it's already here in California, which would have saved me another $600 on shipping.

The deals are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    This is why the used market is so interesting to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122302117018

This is a 2013 with only 4200 miles on it.
    Already has an aftermarket Electronic Cruise Control installed.
    Cee Bailey and Factory Windscreens.

$10,200 and accepting offers.
    This one is another screamin' deal that I would have jumped on.
    Plus it's already here in California, which would have saved me another $600 on shipping.

The deals are out there.
    Damn, that's an even better deal than I got! Of course I would have still needed to have it shipped and arranged my own financing, but other than those 2 drawbacks it's still a great deal! It also has a center stand installed.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    ... It also has a center stand installed.
    Yeah, I caught that... it appears to be a Standard and not a Deluxe, but the price is still great, and the Cruise Control would have sold me too... it was one of my initial criteria.

I bet you could offer something in the range of $9,500 and take it. ("Divorce forces sale").

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    ...I would have still needed to have it shipped...
    Upon reflection... I would have gladly picked it up for you in Southern Cal and rode it up to you... I have family in Grants Pass and Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Upon reflection... I would have gladly picked it up for you in Southern Cal and rode it up to you... I have family in Grants Pass and Portland.
    Not without mounting snow skis to it you wouldn't have!

Well guys, I did it. After a little more negotiating, I bought the 2013 F6B leftover. I think the dealer gave me a fair deal.
    2013 F6B Standard $13,000
    Doc Fee $250
    Here's the crazy thing... When he saw me wavering on the '13 vs the '15 Deluxe, he ordered me the passenger backrest and heated grips at his cost ($535) and threw in a free center stand and free labor to install everything. Aside from self cancelling signals, I basically got a deluxe for $13,535. At this point I'm looking at roughly $2200 more for the '15 deluxe with cruise, transmission change, and 2 years newer. I plan on keeping the bike and just couldn't justify paying $2200 more.

Bottom line: I'm happy with the deal and I got a new F6B in red!

Then y
    ou did well.
    Plus you got the one thing I can't in the used bike world... a fresh factory warranty.

Congratulations and ride well.

Jim

Well guys, I did it. After a little more negotiating, I bought the 2013 F6B leftover. I think the dealer gave me a fair deal.
    Doc Fee $250
    Here's the crazy thing... When he saw me wavering on the '13 vs the '15 Deluxe, he ordered me the passenger backrest and heated grips at his cost ($535) and threw in a free center stand and free labor to install everything. Aside from self cancelling signals, I basically got a deluxe for $13,535. At this point I'm looking at roughly $2200 more for the '15 deluxe with cruise, transmission change, and 2 years newer. I plan on keeping the bike and just couldn't justify paying $2200 more.

Most excellent. Welcome!
    And? The self canceling turn signals can be a PITA...

You did well!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Doc Fee $250

A good deal is when the seller and buyer feel they both got a good deal and it souds like you did. Congrats, now the real fun begins.......ride the wheels off that baby and enjoy.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/