Advice for my wish list
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for my wish list

Advice for my wish list

I have had my B for 2 weeks now and just joined the forum. Bike is amazing. But I am planning a month long trip through western USA this summer. At 6'5" and 260 lbs, and at an advanced age, I am looking to make this long ride as comfortable as possible. I am trying to prioritize my purchases. Here is my list, in a preliminary thought process:
    1 Heli bars: I was thinking I could pull the bars back to relax the reach;
    2 Ultimate seat (King): I know the RDL is much loved, but Ultimate is a 4 hour ride up 95 here in FL. The King moves me back an inch or two.
    3 Ridesmith? or Kury mini boards?
    4 Kury Ergo III or Rivco?
    5 I have a Bagger shield, but think I need a bit taller for a long ride. Maybe Klock 16"?
    6 A really hot chick to sit behind me and .....

All you guys with miles of experience on the B could really give me a sense of what and in what order. Help much appreciated!

Switch item 6 with item 1👍

2 Ultimate seat (King): I know the RDL is much loved, but Ultimate is a 4 hour ride up 95 here in FL. The King moves me back an inch or two.
    5 I have a Bagger shield, but think I need a bit taller for a long ride. Maybe Klock 16"?

I'm 6'2"
    You can get pull back for a lot less $ with risers and it helped my feel. Not that the Heli Bars are not a fine addition but changing grip angle and firming up control is foremost I think.
    I tried the Ultimate and did not notice much improvement over stock which I have come to like (don't think you will realize two more inches of room, the King eliminates the angle/slope of the stock seat which I sit on anyway so the rearward part is about the same.) . If alone I can move my rear to the back seat to stretch out a bit for a rest and change of leg position.
    The pegs I have also decided I like, for sure do not want reduced cornering/lean ability. Installed the pucks to protect from wear.
    Have the Ergos and they are OK. Have not tried others but any change in leg position is a good thing
    I wish you were closer to me you could try out the Klock Works I have in my spare/junk pile. Mastad for me.

Ultimate

I have the Ultimate King and you will not gain much more legroom. I would say less than an inch, but I also noticed that mine sat me up higher too. I like it much better than stock, except you can slide around on it a little because it is leather compared to that weird material on the stock seats. It was worth it for me, I really like it with the drivers and passenger backrests.

As far as windshield goes, I'm 6'3 and have a 19" slip streamer on mine and I get buffeting above my eyes at highway speed. I will be buying a 15" Madstad when I save up the moula.

One of the best things I bought was the electronic saddle bag release system with key fobs. Best $180 I spent. I can keep my bike running and get into my bags now without the key.

But to each their own, this is my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    I have had my B for 2 weeks now and just joined the forum. Bike is amazing. But I am planning a month long trip through western USA this summer. At 6'5" and 260 lbs, and at an advanced age, I am looking to make this long ride as comfortable as possible. I am trying to prioritize my purchases. Here is my list, in a preliminary thought process:

All you guys with miles of experience on the B could really give me a sense of what and in what order. Help much appreciated!

I'm a short guy and I have done most of the items you reference. The Helibars and the Ultimate should be high priority. Over the last couple of years I have noticed a significant decline in the Kury quality. I went with other brands. Suggest you do some research on the board and see what others opinions are. Good luck!

I have to agree that needing a key to get into the bags is a pain. However the simple low cost key knob application works perfect and you don't even need a fob to open the bags up. Mine stays in the unlock position all the time and I only remove the knob if I want to lock them which is seldom. So one of those two mods I think would be high on a want list. My simple cup holder is high on the comfort list also.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Nut View Post
    Switch item 6 with item 1👍
    I sure did think about switch #6 with #1, but #6 is way way too expensive....

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post

I'm 6'2"
    You can get pull back for a lot less $ with risers and it helped my feel. Not that the Heli Bars are not a fine addition but changing grip angle and firming up control is foremost I think.
    I tried the Ultimate and did not notice much improvement over stock which I have come to like (don't think you will realize two more inches of room, the King eliminates the angle/slope of the stock seat which I sit on anyway so the rearward part is about the same.) . If alone I can move my rear to the back seat to stretch out a bit for a rest and change of leg position.
    The pegs I have also decided I like, for sure do not want reduced cornering/lean ability. Installed the pucks to protect from wear.
    Have the Ergos and they are OK. Have not tried others but any change in leg position is a good thing
    I wish you were closer to me you could try out the Klock Works I have in my spare/junk pile. Mastad for me.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I happen to own a scoot which can transport me to anywhere I want to go. Maybe a trip to G Breeze would be a fun ride...

Would be happy to meet and ride with you. We do have a few nice roads around here. I'm also planning a trip westward in the summer like yourself. Was in the planning when this F6B rally came about so will try and add that meet to my trip. So much out that way I wish to see and ride. Give me a yell if up this way.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post

I find the seat on the B is great. I am 70 and 5' 10" and 300+ lbs and I can ride all day on the stock seat. I have on the ergo 3's and very rarely use them. I am glad I put on the baker wings under the mirrors. they cut a lot of wind when closed and let in a nice breeze when open. as for moving back a little in the seat for comfort, have the hot chick sit in front of you!, good luck and enjoy