Riding Pants for Short Legs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Riding Pants for Short Legs

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Bohn Under Armour....gives you a thin, lightweight layer to house your knee pads. Also has pockets for hip pads. Does not make it too hot under jeans
    Yup, I agree...I'm an ATGATT rider and Bohn Armor is part of my gear. I use knee, hip, and tailbone protection. I ride in Florida all year with them under my mesh Sliders riding pants. Cooler than jeans.

WEG

Anybody use airbag vests with their gear?

Quote Originally Posted by WEGI View Post
    Yup, I agree...I'm an ATGATT rider and Bohn Armor is part of my gear. I use knee, hip, and tailbone protection. I ride in Florida all year with them under my mesh Sliders riding pants. Cooler than jeans.

WEG
    Which Bohn product do you have the Bohn All Seasons or the Cool-Air-Mesh?
    I'm trying to decide if the All Seasons would be too warm in the summer.

I tried the Bohn gear once, but it was pretty darn tight, an extra layer - and no fly! PITA to take down when I had to use the facilities... So I ended up with either my solution above or an Olympia Avenger mesh suit (which I wear for longer rides, or when I want to wear shorts/t-shirts when I arrive somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Rickc View Post
    Which Bohn product do you have the Bohn All Seasons or the Cool-Air-Mesh?
    I'm trying to decide if the All Seasons would be too warm in the summer.
    Hi Rickc;

I have the all season ones. The stuff is fairly cool although the "cool Air" is probably cooler! I'm in Florida and it's hot in the summer, but mesh riding pants and jacket with the Bohn Armor isn't that bad as long as you are moving to get the breeze flow through.
    The comment about no fly is right and you do need to pull down the front to "go". The part that sold me on Bohn Armor is the armor doesn't move around like in riding pants. I figure if I am going to wear protection it should be able to do its job when/if needed. IMHO of course. Others have different ways of addressing their gear or lack of it. I'm OK with that...

WEG

Quote Originally Posted by WEGI View Post
    Hi Rickc;

I have the all season ones. The stuff is fairly cool although the "cool Air" is probably cooler! I'm in Florida and it's hot in the summer, but mesh riding pants and jacket with the Bohn Armor isn't that bad as long as you are moving to get the breeze flow through.
    The comment about no fly is right and you do need to pull down the front to "go". The part that sold me on Bohn Armor is the armor doesn't move around like in riding pants. I figure if I am going to wear protection it should be able to do its job when/if needed. IMHO of course. Others have different ways of addressing their gear or lack of it. I'm OK with that...

WEG
    Thanks WEG!

I have an inseam of 27 inches and have had to have all of my pants altered. Any good seamstress can do it and move the knee pads where they need to be. The cost almost doubles the price of the pants so make sure you get the pants on sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    Get creative! I usually wear Bilt knee pads under my Duluth 5 pocket firehose pants. That was what I was wearing during my last off (4 years ago - run off the road on a corner by an oncoming HD rider who drifted into my lane). I went down on pavement at 40 MPH, slid quite a ways (I am a heavy guy, too - at 310 pounds). Tore through the knees of the jeans, ripped up a bit of the hips and rear pockets - and ground down about half the plastic on the kneepads under the jeans. Walked away with zero road rash.

When I'm on the bike, they are comfortable. When I'm off, they are comfortable - and invisible. Love those pads!
    Thanks for that! Do you wear anything under the Bilt pads?
    Also, do you size your Duluth for your normal size or larger to accommodate the pads?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Thanks for that! Do you wear anything under the Bilt pads?
    Also, do you size your Duluth for your normal size or larger to accommodate the pads?
    Nothing under. They are comfortable enough for me. Well - to be honest, I do have Dainese Fulcrum C2 boots that come up mid-calf, and so the lower 1/4 of the pads are on top of my boots.

Normal size pants - none of those "skinny jeans" for me! The leg seems to fit fine as-is. I love the Duluth gear, being a man of "stature" with big thighs and calves, and their jeans/pants just fit fine. Even with the pads underneath!

I have Dainese pants and they work for short legs because the ankle is tight.
    They are very expesive but top quality.

Dainese Alien Leather Winter / fall Great pants

Dainese New Drake Air fall / summer

Dainese Drake super Air summer

----------------------------------------------

My choice at this time (I did have to add an extra snap for when using gym shoes in summer)
    Klim Latitude all year rain or shine great pants for all conditions summer / winter / rain or shine
    these replace all the Daines above

Stevenolts