Cell Phone Holder Recommendations?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone Holder Recommendations?

Cell Phone Holder Recommendations?

I've got a '15 B and looking for a holder for my iPhone. Any suggestions? Removable wouldn't be a bad feature.

I did a RAM XMount on my windscreen. Wanted it out of the way so I drilled a pair of holes for the RAM balls and use a plastic button on the front of the windscreen to help dress it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

RAM X Mount

i used a RAM X mount on my handle bar (left). pros: it was very adjustable for optimal viewing angle; it was quick and easy to insert/remove phone, it fits many/most phones, easy to install. cons: a rubber grip fell off rendering it useless until replaced as it will scratch the phone and weaken its grip; i still need to figure out a good way to waterproof my phone when using the mount.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where my F6B and i have roamed (37,000+ miles)

Quote Originally Posted by tpa View Post
    i used a RAM X mount on my handle bar (left). pros: it was very adjustable for optimal viewing angle; it was quick and easy to insert/remove phone, it fits many/most phones, easy to install. cons: a rubber grip fell off rendering it useless until replaced as it will scratch the phone and weaken its grip; i still need to figure out a good way to waterproof my phone when using the mount.
    Ram Xmount is a great mount. Quick tip put a small dab of clear silicone to glue those rubber pieces on the arms. After buying many replacements i finially figured it out. As far as your waterproofing issue. Buy a Lifeproof case for your phone

I have a Samsung but bought from this company and it is a great case and mount. Not cheap but worth it! Here is the link for the iphone cases. https://www.rokform.com/collections/apple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

RAM mount on brake fluid cap

Hi
    I used a RAM mount with the ball mount on the brake fluid cap. With this setup I found I could position my iPhone up and forward in my line of sight, and not too much in my face. (The goal being not to block forward vision while not having to look away from the road). I'd take a picture but right now I am in Maui and my bike is back home in Portland, OR.
    Pete
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

I use the RAM mount as well. Granted, it is on my Shadow, as I am currently saving to buy an F6B. I use the RAM Claw to secure it to my handlebars, which gives me the option of several different placement locations as well as easy removal for when I am not using it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

If you use an Otterbox Defender it is possible to modify the clip that comes with it and use it as a holder.
    It's a lot of RAM parts, but it's very handy and I use one on both my vehicles.

Ball mount attaches with a couple of large pop rivets with a little bit of adhesive between the clip and the ball mount just in case.
    Use a spade bit on the clip around the mounting holes to slightly recess the rivet heads and then grind off any of the head that sits above flush.
    The spade bit needs to be the cheaper kind without little teeth at the end of the blades. You just want to counter-bore 1/16" or so.

I have since switched cases and used a piece of plastic and a wooden mockup of my phone to create a holder that I've attached to the setup pictured. In doing so I had to remove the old clip, the rivets held surprisingly well. Required a LOT of effort to remove from the RAM ball.

edit: the cutouts on the clip are to allow use of the camera and make it easier to plug in the power cord.

you'll be glad you did :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitulu View Post
    I use the RAM mount as well. Granted, it is on my Shadow, as I am currently saving to buy an F6B. I use the RAM Claw to secure it to my handlebars, which gives me the option of several different placement locations as well as easy removal for when I am not using it.
    hey Kitulu, while the Shadow is a great bike, you're going to love the 6 - especially whenever you decide to go far...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where my F6B and i have roamed (37,000+ miles)