New owner looking at options - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New owner looking at options

Quote Originally Posted by Ray H View Post
    Just a bit of dark humor. I'm always too early or too late.
    And a day late and a dollar short.
    At the airport when your ship comes in.
    I can relate

Quote Originally Posted by zekepa View Post
    I think I really wanted the self cancelling turn signals as I'm terrible about not tuning them off myself.
    Me Too!
    I use the center stand, the Grips are nice too! But the self cancel signals what I really like! The Backrest is OFF!! Went with Honda Rack! LED Fogs,Rivco Hwy Pegs,HIDS,Med Clearview Shield!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

Warmed up the credit card some today.

Ordered
    Ultimate seat and rain cover
    Bikemp3 rack
    Mini Boards
    Go Cruise
    Ram mount
    12V outlet
    grommet kit
    Received and installed the mini boards and the Bikemp3 rack. I like the size and look of the rack. The mounting holes are a good bit larger than the bolt, seems like it should have a washer under the head to hold it down better. Has anyone else installed washers?

On the mini boards I tilted then down one notch. Have them in mounted using the center hole position took the bike for a short ride. Like the fuller spot to put my feet, might have to play around with the position more once I have it on a longer ride. Have the allen key in the glove box.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    2 clicks down might be what I'm running,, can't remember,,,,

Bagger shield and mini boards

Went for my first real ride on the bike since I got it. Rode about 220 miles. Adjusted the air pressure in the tires before the ride front was at 32 lbs. Now have both at 40. I love the way this bike handles.

I played around with the position of the mini boards the past couple of days while running around and going to work. I've had them in the center position one notch down, and in the front hole moving them farther rear ward. Didn't really care for the rear position so I moved them back to the center position and put them level. Only have size 9 shoes so I can shift fairly well in this position. I do find myself shifting with the side of my boot a good bit. I can fit my boot under the shifter if I feel the need to bang through the gears, just being lazy using the side. Overall I like the mini boards although a little more drop would be appreciated.

Rode with the top piece of the bagger shield installed (19") wind shield. Took a little bit to get used to looking though a windshield again. If I sit up very straight I can look over it but in my normal riding position I'm looking through it. Coming from a VTX1800 Tourer I was used to looking through the windshield. With the top piece installed and riding with a half helmet the shield worked well. The bottom portion is smoked, I like the way it looks on the bike but not sure I like the reduced view of the road, especially the couple of times I've rode at night. I'll give it some more time but will check out some other options.

I miss not having highway pegs, need to get a set of those on order. Really looking at the ERGO III if anyone can offer more info or pics of them on the bike. I'd like to see how far back they come. I'm 5'8" legs aren't that long.

Really looking forward to my Ultimate seat getting here. This stock seat is ok but I want to sit in luxury, hope it is a noticeable difference.

Went for my first real ride on the bike since I got it. Rode about 220 miles. Adjusted the air pressure in the tires before the ride front was at 32 lbs. Now have both at 40. I love the way this bike handles.

I played around with the position of the mini boards the past couple of days while running around and going to work. I've had them in the center position one notch down, and in the front hole moving them farther rear ward. Didn't really care for the rear position so I moved them back to the center position and put them level. Only have size 9 shoes so I can shift fairly well in this position. I do find myself shifting with the side of my boot a good bit. I can fit my boot under the shifter if I feel the need to bang through the gears, just being lazy using the side. Overall I like the mini boards although a little more drop would be appreciated.

Rode with the top piece of the bagger shield installed (19") wind shield. Took a little bit to get used to looking though a windshield again. If I sit up very straight I can look over it but in my normal riding position I'm looking through it. Coming from a VTX1800 Tourer I was used to looking through the windshield. With the top piece installed and riding with a half helmet the shield worked well. The bottom portion is smoked, I like the way it looks on the bike but not sure I like the reduced view of the road, especially the couple of times I've rode at night. I'll give it some more time but will check out some other options.

I miss not having highway pegs, need to get a set of those on order. Really looking at the ERGO III if anyone can offer more info or pics of them on the bike. I'd like to see how far back they come. I'm 5'8" legs aren't that long.

Really looking forward to my Ultimate seat getting here. This stock seat is ok but I want to sit in luxury, hope it is a noticeable difference.
    I just ordered the Ergo IIIs on Amazon for $266. I'll find out about them in a few days. I was back and forth on chrome or black. The black seems questionable on availability. In the end I went with the chrome. I'm not anti chrome and figure that with the chrome strip on the valve covers, plus exhaust and the rotor covers , the chrome would look good. I'm interested in how the spring mechanism will enhance the experience with the Ergo III.

You might find that after riding the F6B for a while you really don't need or want rider pegs..I had floor boards and rider pegs on my last two bikes and rarely, if ever, used the pegs due to my short legs/inseam..I actually like the Honda set-up and with my new Mustang seat which is lower, I really fit "into the bike" a lot better and love the ride...I also have the Baggershield and it works great for me under all circumstances with no turbulence or wind noise issues that are bothersome....Ride safe