Radioheads needed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radioheads needed

Radioheads needed

I'm trying to hide that ugly stub of an antenna and I noticed the handrails are hollow. Hmmm, could I run a concealed antenna under one or both of the handrails and jack it into the radio completely avoiding the need for the antenna and mount? Anyone smarter than me have any how to advice or how to?
    ss^,
    Ken

I am always suprised when I see a post about removing the antenna. I never even give it a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    I'm trying to hide that ugly stub of an antenna and I noticed the handrails are hollow. Hmmm, could I run a concealed antenna under one or both of the handrails and jack it into the radio completely avoiding the need for the antenna and mount? Anyone smarter than me have any how to advice or how to?
    There are a number of hidden antennas for sale that you could "hide" under the tuperware. I bought one a couple of years ago at the local auto parts store to hide under the fairing of an electraglide. The antenna material was covered with "tape" that stuck to the mounting surface.

What do you do with the hole left from the antenna? I would just like a better antenna. I am convinced it provides weak reception.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    What do you do with the hole left from the antenna? I would just like a better antenna. I am convinced it provides weak reception.
    Turn it into a flag pole...

So I went shopping for a Tupperware mounted antenna, seems I need to try a marine shop for boats to get a fiberglass compatible mounted antenna. Meantime I just stuck the rubber shorty horizontally inside the body work, not as good reception as in the vertical but it will do for now. Kept the rubber base and just caped the hole with a black plastic plug from Lowes. Looks better to me, but will keep exploring better options and let all know.
    ss^,
    Ken

I always thought that swept-back stubby antenna was kinda stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I always thought that swept-back stubby antenna was kinda stylish.
    +1
    To each their own.

I have seen some that have gone with a removable tour pack or trunk where a different antennae makes sense though.

A fully functioning hidden should definitely be do-able... just a matter of finding the right antenna and a decent mounting place. The hidden antenna on my Chrysler works great; I *think* it's placed in the front or rear glass.

Try replacing the existing antenna with one of these.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!