first real road test

Thread: first real road test

first real road test

FINALLY! I was able to take my new"faster than red whiplash black" 6 on a ride. Only got 20 miles in after work with some wicked wind up here. My first impression is holey cow why did I keep my Harley so long. The power is crotch rocket like, the smoothness has to be unparalleled. WOW I can't wait till spring. I will be riding solo for a while before taking a passenger just so I can get used to a different bike. I believe I made the right choice in bikes but many of you sound like you agree with that already.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    FINALLY! I was able to take my new"faster than red whiplash black" 6 on a ride. Only got 20 miles in after work with some wicked wind up here. My first impression is holey cow why did I keep my Harley so long. The power is crotch rocket like, the smoothness has to be unparalleled. WOW I can't wait till spring. I will be riding solo for a while before taking a passenger just so I can get used to a different bike. I believe I made the right choice in bikes but many of you sound like you agree with that already.
    Yea you can't beat the Flat 6. It will put a smile on your face on every ride.

Night and day difference between and H.D. and the F6 !!!! One is not better than the other ...just different!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm not looking back!!

Definitely 2 different machines and I do still love Harleys. I will never regret owning my Harley I really liked that bike but the comfort and performance of the 6 are night and day better although you are taking 19 yrs newer and FI instead of carb.I'm not looking back either.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Night and day difference between and H.D. and the F6 !!!! One is not better than the other ...just different!
    Boy you're getting diplomatic in your later years. C'mon Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Boy you're getting diplomatic in your later years. C'mon Steve!
    I got one of each. Yes they are different. Neither is "better." Each has a mission and purpose.
    Can a screwdriver be "better" than a socket wrench? Different tools for different jobs.

Define any job specifically enough and one tool will rise as the "better" of all the options.
    Keep it more generic - while selling the wife on the concept - and enjoy both worlds as desired.
    Cheers,
    Steve

20 years of Harley. I did not think to change. Then one day I did. I do not regret.

I rode Harleys for over a decade and wonder why I waited so long to make the switch back to Honda. These bikes are so different from each other that comparisons aren't really fair. All I will say is that my Harleys had really nice and shiny chrome and paint.