dropped by a douche bag

Thread: dropped by a douche bag

dropped by a douche bag

Long story short...Kid pulled out right in front of me. I was going about 30 mph...locked up rear brake and t-boned him at about 10 mph. The douche bag then took off....oh well could have been worse. Some scratches here and there no big deal. Need a new right front crash bar. Is that a tough job? Looks like it requires a little digging. My major concern is the handlebars are now off about half an inch to an inch. As in my right hand is about half an inch to an inch closer to me than my left hand when going down the road straight. No vibration or wobble even at high speeds...just half to an inch off. Any advice on replacing the crash bar and thoughts on handlebar issue? Thank you Gentlemen.

The handlebar issue and the fact you t-boned him leads me to question the integrity of your front end or even your frame. Hitting him at 10 mph is still a considerable hit to the front end. Definitely have it looked at. You did get an accident report? I hope. ot sure if your insurance may need it.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Sounds like a bent triple tree. Have an expert check the bike out. Your insurance company should fix the bike for you. You want it to be right and most of all safe when she goes back on the road.

In any kind of crash you should get the entire bike checked by a reputable dealer that, hopefully, knows their stuff....Assuming you have good insurance and a police report, go for the "full monty" and get it repaired correctly is my opinion.....

IMO I would have the bike inspected, if for nothing else, peace of mind. While your there you can get your parts list going and prices for replacement parts.

In California motorcycles are totalled for very minor damage and my guess is because of the integrity of the bike which can place the insurance in liability if they try to repair it...Definitely get itt evaluated and you may get a new bike...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thank you for the help guys

Keep us updated please.

will do