Rear Reflective Panels

Thread: Rear Reflective Panels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ebay ordering

How do you pick the color you want? I went on Ebay and there is no black or white or yellow or red to pick from. I just wanted a set of Black ones.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    How do you pick the color you want? I went on Ebay and there is no black or white or yellow or red to pick from. I just wanted a set of Black ones.
    You have to specify in a message to Deano K; as to what you want (for color).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Still no pics other than from the vender??

I would consider adding some reflective vis to thee back of the bike if it didn't look to butt ugly....I think the black on black would be good but would like to hear from someone that has tried it.

tink

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    Still no pics other than from the vender??

I would consider adding some reflective vis to thee back of the bike if it didn't look to butt ugly....I think the black on black would be good but would like to hear from someone that has tried it.

tink
    I had applied my decals and was going to take pictures. But I did not because I was sort of unhappy with a couple of air bubbles and creases (that I made) in the reflective film.

I had applied them on a day when it was hot and muggy out, mosquito's were biting me, I was in a foul mood and my mind was elsewhere with other work related issues. Not the best time to be applying decals to the backside of my bike I guess.

The decals are well cut; for the area that they are to be applied to on the back of the F6B. They do line up well against the black center rear fender areas. I will be ordering another set and re-apply them in the fall; when it's a little less humid and muggy out; and all da damned mosquito's are killed off...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Ditto, Willtill--I also had a few small bubbles to work out and I thought I was being careful. Anyway, what I do in cases like this is to use a fine pointed needle and stick it in the center of a bubble to release the air. After a bit of pressing, you usually can't even see the hole. Works for me!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I had applied my decals and was going to take pictures. But I did not because I was sort of unhappy with a couple of air bubbles and creases (that I made) in the reflective film.

I had applied them on a day when it was hot and muggy out, mosquito's were biting me, I was in a foul mood and my mind was elsewhere with other work related issues. Not the best time to be applying decals to the backside of my bike I guess.

The decals are well cut; for the area that they are to be applied to on the back of the F6B. They do line up well against the black center rear fender areas. I will be ordering another set and re-apply them in the fall; when it's a little less humid and muggy out; and all da damned mosquito's are killed off...
    I have a few bubbles in mine that I too am not happy with. I saw where someone said they used hot soapy water to apply the decals. Perhaps the soapy water allows the decal to slide around on the plastic bike without adhering. I guess when the water dries the adhesive backing still works to adhere the decals to the bike?? Regardless…I need a "do over" on my left panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    I have a few bubbles in mine that I too am not happy with. I saw where someone said they used hot soapy water to apply the decals. Perhaps the soapy water allows the decal to slide around on the plastic bike without adhering. I guess when the water dries the adhesive backing still works to adhere the decals to the bike?? Regardless…I need a "do over" on my left panel.
    Deano K remarks that in his instruction sheet that he sends out with the decals; but it is not his recommendation... it is a suggestion that he has heard from others.

The soapy water method works with window decals... I would not use it with the 3M reflective panels. It is a different animal.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Deano K remarks that in his instruction sheet that he sends out with the decals; but it is not his recommendation... it is a suggestion that he has heard from others.

The soapy water method works with window decals... I would not use it with the 3M reflective panels. It is a different animal.
    I wouldn't think it would work either...but check out post # 38....guess it worked for DD. I may have to try it next time...