Public Reactions to Your F6B - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Public Reactions to Your F6B

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    I was at a stop light listening to my radio and the guy in car next to me had his window down talking to his passenger and said nice bike not knowing I heard what he had said. I said thanks and he gave me a thumbs up.
    Mate same thing here
    So I'm stopped at the lights up front next to a car with a chick in it and she says hello
    So I turns up the radio/USb and we starts Rockin at the lights to some damn fine Rockabilly

KIDS LOVE IT

I have only owned the bike for 2 weeks and love it. I am currently a High School teacher (STEM school), on the first day that I parked the bike at the school the comments from the kids were like talking to an aeronautical engineer, Lines, features, turbulence, aerodynamics, sleek. If they only knew how fast it is.

I have owned various motorcycles in my life, some good some not so good. My thought is “I will ride whatever makes me happy. I still have my 2009 Electra Glide 103" 255 cam (my 6th HD) it’s a great bike, great looks, super paint and yes the HD rumble, but in regards to dependability and performance it’s not an even fight paired against the 6.

Majority of comments positive, then the haters, they don't even have to open their mouths, the look on their face says it all. The most irritating comment I have experienced was, "What kind of Harley is that?"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I bought my F6B in August last year so I haven't been to any events with mostly longer rides.
    But I have noticed that the Valkyrie is still more of attention getter. Hard to complete with chrome.
    I get mostly good remarks, however I got more in 1998 when I first bought the Valk. Even when it was 10 years old people would walk up and say what is it? I got to the point where I just said, it's the cruiser of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Deluxe View Post
    The most irritating comment I have experienced was, "What kind of Harley is that?"
    Yeah the same thing happened to a mate of mine
    The bloke with the latest Harley T-shirt on said what kind of Harley is that pointing to his V-Twin Yammy

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Deluxe View Post
    Majority of comments positive, then the haters, they don't even have to open their mouths, the look on their face says it all. The most irritating comment I have experienced was, "What kind of Harley is that?"
    I was telling people for awhile that it was Harley's new "hybrid" bike. It was to "lol."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Yesterday on a 270 mile trip during bike week I received many comments from fellow riders and non riders alike. Ones that were special:
    - that looks like a rocket ship
    - that looks really comfortable
    - is it as fast as it looks
    - that's bad ass

The last two guys that gushed over the B when I parked near a bike week event were seriously impressed with the looks and super curious about its performance. Their keen interest was a bit surprising as they were die hard American V twin riders and Angels members. They were blow away with the value of the B, so much performance for such a low cost compared to a new HD.

My riding buddy rides a fat boy low (he is vertIcally challenged) - the look on his face when the two guys were displaying so much interest in the B was priceless - his jaw about hit the ground.

The Trask turbo performance guys had a tent at the event and I asked if they had ever installed a turbo kit on a wing. They said no, followed by the comment "why would you, it's plenty powerful stock". And, "it's a Honda Goldwing, put gas in it and rip on it".

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    Their keen interest was a bit surprising as they were die hard American V twin riders and Angels members. They were blow away with the value of the B, so much performance for such a low cost compared to a new HD.
    Mate my entire life has been the world on the others side of the fence and when you mentioned "Angels: I smiled
    Both my wife and myself are Godparents to the same children as Two Australian Hells Angels Club Presidents

Been in a room with club members when they have been arguing who had the fastest Kwaka nine back in the day
    Been on Runs/ride with club members when one was riding an MV Augusta (Red & White) and another a Rune???
    In Fact I understand that Ralph Sonny Barger may even be riding/owns a Victory hamburger with the Lot????

Some people own Motorcycles so they can play dress up and pretend their in a Magazine
    But some are and Motor Cycle Club members included
    Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Is that an automatic (Heard that twice, so far...)

Nice bike! (Followed by I looked at it, but ended up with a street glide, too much plastic) I get it, it's a valid aesthetic concern, but I do enjoy the function of the overall package.

Cool!

Looks like Batman's motorcycle.

That's got too be fast.

After starting it... "o.k., you can turn it on now."

Just bought a '13 last week. Told a friend who is a 30yr rider, currently with a Yamaha V-twin. He said: Yeah, I rode that but didnt like it because it didn't sound like a motorcycle." I replied "and it doesn't drive like one either, which is why I bought it." LOL