Just Received Insurance Renewal on My Bikes

Thread: Just Received Insurance Renewal on My Bikes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Six months is right. I don't know how many times I have ridden to work this summer and the temperature was in the 40's. Sometimes low 40's at that.

USAA / Progressive

USAA doesn't insure bikes in Ohio, so they have a agreement with Progressive.

A USAA Progressive rep insured both my Tour bikes (F6B & VL800) for $358 a yr. full coverage.

$100 ded. on the VL800

$300 ded. on the F6B...........discount for USAA membership, multi bike, home owners, paid in full.

US Military veterans cant go wrong dealing thru USAA... big discounts

Also I often insure my small bikes (& my buell) thru progressive - Liability Only for $75 a year...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post
    USAA doesn't insure bikes in Ohio, so they have a agreement with Progressive.

A USAA Progressive rep insured both my Tour bikes (F6B & VL800) for $358 a yr. full coverage.

$100 ded. on the VL800

$300 ded. on the F6B...........discount for USAA membership, multi bike, home owners, paid in full.

US Military veterans cant go wrong dealing thru USAA... big discounts

Also I often insure my small bikes (& my buell) thru progressive - Liability Only for $75 a year...
    I use USAA and now with their associate Progressive. $620 for a year in PA with "Full Tort" and $100K/$300K in coverage. Last speeding ticket was 1987.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I just got of the phone with Allstate and they quoted me $272 per year with a $500 deductible on my F6B. That includes replacing the F6B with a new bike if it's totaled and it also includes hotel and rental car if I breakdown during a trip. I have my home/auto with Allstate so I got a discount for multiple policies.

Use to have Progressive for my bikes, but will be saving a couple hundred switching to Allstate. When I had multiple bikes Progressive was reasonable since they provided a multi-bike discount, but I just sold my Harley so am down to just the F6B. Literally cut my policy in half by switching. It definitely pays to shop around especially when your circumstances change.

I'm getting hosed by Progressive, I need to start shopping around. I was paying almost 1000 I raised the deductible super high and that only got me to 726 for the year. We get good rates for our car through them but the bike is killing me. I don't have anything on my record either.

shooter
    Nationwide is $330 for the B and $290 for the M109R. I shop every year. That's the best I can do.

Geico in Texas

Progressive through USAA wanted 1600 and Geico wanted 680 for the same coverage. I am 52, married and a spotless driving record so I do not understand the huge difference.

I have been happy with the Gecko so far.