side car vs trike? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: side car vs trike?

Take a look at the new 2015 Polaris Slingshot coming out in October of this year...Looks pretty interesting to say the least.....Most reviews are very positive so far...If three wheels are your bag, this thing deserves a test ride!!

I have had both and prefer the sidecar. I bought my F6B to put a hannigan sidecar on it and am modifying the triple tree to be a dedicated rig. Woo hoo three more weeks. Anyway, both have there plusses and minuses and it comes to preference. Sidecars are just plain cool IMHO. And as stated if set up properly can hang with most bikes. The high performance sidecars are nuts and will hang with anyone!

Thanks folks, really appreciate all the info. I'll pass it along. It really does come down to preference. I think he needs to decide if "motorcycling" is for him. I really can't help him there. It's too bad he can't try both and then decide. Decisions decisions, expensive decisions. O well, I'm going to get on my F6b and go for a ride! Back to you later!

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    A good friend of mine likes the F6b but says he would have to do something to "stabilize" it. He asked my thoughts on a trike kit vs side car. I told him Since i love 2 wheel riding, I'm the poorest source of information and told him I would post the question on the forum. Soooo the question is, what are the pros and cons of each? Does anyone have experience with the f6 and a side car. Our group really likes to ride the Blue Ridge, Dragon and Snake type roads. He would like to ride with us. Any thoughts I can share with him? Also, any experience with E-trike? Thanks
    We are having both 2014 F6B and 2010 GW with side car seat belts for 2...expensive ( cost 17000 to installed) but with young kids it's a must.
    So the question is do you need side car or trike,with side car you can carry up 4 person plus tons of room for luggage. I don't have experience with trike , I believe riding trike or side car almost the same.

JB

With either rig, I doubt he'll be able to keep up with you guys. Sidecars are pretty unstable, right turns will tend to lift the wheel without a passenger. Left hand turns ok, hacks will corner like a sports cars. Saw a guy with a Liberty side car installed on a Glide, he could hardly keep the chairs wheel on the ground. You can mod the front end with leading link suspension, that's supposed to really help tame sidecars. That being said, they are insane fun, just not a motorcycle anymore. Trikes, never cared for them, have ridden several, they are just too hopelessly booooring for me. Someone else mentioned Can Ams, look at the 2015 models, they promise a sporting ride and look like a cross between a Corvette and a V Max, probably easier to ride than a hack or a trike. Guess is, the only thing that'll keep up with you guys, maybe even dust you on the straights.
    ss^,
    Ken

Oct issue of Rider magazine did a write up on a F6B with a Motor Trike Raptor kit installed.Looks nice and has independent suspension with air adjustability on the fly.Also a rake kit was installed and the rider said handling was great.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Oct issue of Rider magazine did a write up on a F6B with a Motor Trike Raptor kit installed.Looks nice and has independent suspension with air adjustability on the fly.Also a rake kit was installed and the rider said handling was great.
    But no reverse. In my opinion, reverse is a must on a trike. It weighs over 1,000 lbs!