My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct?

Talking about saddlebag scuffs, I'm surprised someone hasn't brought out a protector for the vulnerable areas of the bags. I bought a shop model F6B unseen and when it arrived it had a substantial scratch on the top of the right hand bag where some clown had dragged his booted foot across it.

Chris

Ok so liquid glass on the windshield...? I use it on the bike, whats the advantage on the windshield..? I been using pelxus on my windbender..a little pricey but works good..!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Much, Much cheaper on eBay !!!!

True Dat! Got the LG and 6 oz of the cleaner on the way for less than the 16oz LG from Advance-- shipping included.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Ok so liquid glass on the windshield...? I use it on the bike, whats the advantage on the windshield..? I been using pelxus on my windbender..a little pricey but works good..!
    http://cleanyourcarhq.com/liquid-gla...finish-review/

Excellent! Thanks for posting! There should be no questions as to what LG will and will not do after one digests this info

I have the F4 customs 14" tint with vent. (I love this windshield)
    Very clear optically / it has a rain coating so I don't know if the LG glass will affect that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Excellent! Thanks for posting! There should be no questions as to what LG will and will not do after one digests this info
    And the cons are lame!

Cool Not Taken..

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping some of you can help me here. I took my bike to a pal of mine who runs a Car Valeting shop, he took all of the scratches of my crappy paintwork and over the weekend applied three coats of Liquid Glass. When I went to pick the bike up yesterday I couldn't believe just how drop dead gorgeous the bike looked. However, after a quick 10 minute ride home and after getting off the bike, I noticed the old familiar scratches on the fuel tank. On checking on another part of the bodywork it was the same! We don't have any baking sun, or hot temps at the moment, or ever. Was it that it wasn't baked meant the the LG didn't take, or maybe the coating was too thinly applied? Anyone else has this problem?

Cheers Guys.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping some of you can help me here. I took my bike to a pal of mine who runs a Car Valeting shop, he took all of the scratches of my crappy paintwork and over the weekend applied three coats of Liquid Glass. When I went to pick the bike up yesterday I couldn't believe just how drop dead gorgeous the bike looked. However, after a quick 10 minute ride home and after getting off the bike, I noticed the old familiar scratches on the fuel tank. On checking on another part of the bodywork it was the same! We don't have any baking sun, or hot temps at the moment, or ever. Was it that it wasn't baked meant the the LG didn't take, or maybe the coating was too thinly applied? Anyone else has this problem?

Cheers Guys.
    Paul:

From one who has used LG for years! It will protect your paint better than any wax product! I will,however, not remove swirl marks. LG is a great product but it will not deliver "perfection". A rubber buffing pad and the likes of 3M Polishing Compound is great for the swirl marks.

bob109

Liquid glass

To give you newbies some idea how well LG works. I applied 4 coats 2 weeks before last years Rally. Please take note of the reflections of trees, clouds and sun in the saddlebag! 2nd pic!

Attachment 14179 Attachment 14180
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt